No announcement yet.

Protein Use

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protein Use

Will taking protein 3 times a day (once in the morning, once after a workout and once at night) make a noticeable difference if the workouts that I'm doing are mostly large circuits that last about 20 minutes? I'm currently training to join the Marines and need to be able to do 50 press ups in 2 minutes. At the minute I can only manage about 20-25 at most. I can do sit ups flat out for 2 minutes so I'm ok on that front and I consider myself quite fit. So basically just the press ups i need to work on.

Thanks

no. Just train harder and eat better.

More muscle=more weight to push up. You need to improve your anaerobic system and your muscle quality.

Try to do a complete circuit workout, with sprints, push ups, pull up, ....

Be sure to eat QUALITY red meat at least every other day, but not too often.

Comment

Off topic but Hardcore til I die. Good stuff man.

Comment

protein wont do much for you especially if its access calories that you arent utilizing because itll just increase you fat. its ok to take a shake after a worker to help recover your muscles but unless you are working out enough to use the protein and calories that come from it then no point in taking it. if you want to be able to do more pushups then do more pushups. do as many as you can with perfect form, rest for 30 seconds to 1 minute then do as many as you can again. do 4 sets of that or more and youll increase your pushup quantity. also to increase your performance in your circuit training then all you can do is do it. nothing can increase your performance then actually doing it. with time youll increase your bodies over all fitness level and youll perform a lot better. thats why boxers like mayweather jr cant start training for a fight with the same intensity and pace as if its his last week before title defense because his body isnt ready for that kind of pace yet. start off slow and and youll get better. good luck.
        Last edited by g0tcha; 03-23-2009, 10:51 PM.

Comment

How about if I just want to rip up? I'm about 175 right now, I want to shed fat but at the same time build lean muscle. Is whey protein ok, or does it contribute to bulkyness?

Comment

Working...
          X