Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've always said the 04-08 Cotto would be toughest for Floyd now.......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've always said the 04-08 Cotto would be toughest for Floyd now.......

Back before the Handwrap fiasco that made Miguel completley change his style of fighting and cometley abandon his vicious left hook body/head attacks. I would be one of many who thought he would be the one to give Floyd a great test and probably a loss. Now I understand Floyd/Miguel already fought but that was clearly not the seek and destroy, Left Hook ripping Cotto I was referring to. That was the Miguel who was more of a cautious boxer puncher who was less than impressive against some opponents in that 4 year span till he hooked up with Freddie. Roach has said on many occasions that he didn't want to make Miguel do anything new he just wanted to bring back the " Miguel of Old". And he has done just that in his last 2 fights and what's even more impressive is that he seems to have improved Miguel's endurance as well since he seemingly was not getting tired vs Martinez and was constantly moving. But to sum it up at this point id like to see Cotto vs Floyd 2. ( Don't forget Floyd said that the "hesitant" Miguel was his toughest opponent ever, and Jzust imagine how good the fight would be now)

Floyd was at his peak at the lower weights. Great fight though.

Comment

Originally posted by DJR005 View Post
      Back before the Handwrap fiasco that made Miguel completley change his style of fighting and cometley abandon his vicious left hook body/head attacks. I would be one of many who thought he would be the one to give Floyd a great test and probably a loss. Now I understand Floyd/Miguel already fought but that was clearly not the seek and destroy, Left Hook ripping Cotto I was referring to. That was the Miguel who was more of a cautious boxer puncher who was less than impressive against some opponents in that 4 year span till he hooked up with Freddie. Roach has said on many occasions that he didn't want to make Miguel do anything new he just wanted to bring back the " Miguel of Old". And he has done just that in his last 2 fights and what's even more impressive is that he seems to have improved Miguel's endurance as well since he seemingly was not getting tired vs Martinez and was constantly moving. But to sum it up at this point id like to see Cotto vs Floyd 2. ( Don't forget Floyd said that the "hesitant" Miguel was his toughest opponent ever, and Jzust imagine how good the fight would be now)

"F" It..I'd pay to see it again..

PRPP

Comment

Too bad it looks like Miguel Cotto has a deal with Bob Arum and HBO going on right now.

Comment

Originally posted by DJR005 View Post
          Totally agree with the bold.

Floyd vs Cotto 2 will be a match of epic proportions. Ill fly to Vegas and see it live!!!

Comment

Working...
          X