Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Devon Alexander Blind-Burn Quit On Kell Brook?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Devon Alexander Blind-Burn Quit On Kell Brook?

We saw the last time Alexander stepped it up a level he quit the fight claiming that he couldn't see and that his eyes burned, against Timothy Bradley. This has been come to known as the Blind-Burn Quit or BBQ for short.

Kell Brook is as yet an unproven commodity at the highest level but he's touted by some to be a top tier fighter at 147. Others think Brook is nothing special, or that it's impossible to determine for sure with the lack of impressive names on the resume.

So depending on how good you think Brook is, will Alexander quit the fight again or will he make it to the final bell?
    YES, Alexander will Quit Again
    0.00%
    NO, he won't quit, and he will WIN
    50.00%
    NO, he won't quit, but he will LOSE
    12.50%
    Maybe
    37.50%
    None of the above
    0.00%

Ive had blood in my eyes from cut brow and it burns like they on fire. So i dont think he quit just said it burned and Dr waved it off. If you have worked out and got sweat in your eyes its similar but more intense

Comment

Since the Bradley fight he destroyed Maidana and Bailey and survived against Matthysse; three of the hardest punchers around his weight range.

So no he won't quit. Devon takes the toughest fights out there, backs down from no one and people still question his heart and toughness.

Comment

No. Brook is soft and nowhere near as tough as Bradley.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
          Since the Bradley fight he destroyed Maidana and Bailey and survived against Matthysse; three of the hardest punchers around his weight range.

So no he won't quit. Devon takes the toughest fights out there, backs down from no one and people still question his heart and toughness.
          are you talking about another alexander? cause the devon alexander i saw fought the same way against those guys, and there was no destruction present, not even close. devon doesnt destroy guys, he survives them

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
            are you talking about another alexander? cause the devon alexander i saw fought the same way against those guys, and there was no destruction present, not even close. devon doesnt destroy guys, he survives them
            Winning all 10 rounds against Maidana isn't "surviving". That's domination whether its pretty or not.

And how many punches did Bailey even land in that fight? He set a record for fewest number of punches thrown in a single fight.

He's faced three of the hardest punchers from 140-147 in his last three fights and completely wiped out two of them.

Comment

Domination yes, destroyed, no.

Comment

Alexander, as much as i dislike him, beats Brook by wide UD

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOX0ys0gIhw

Brook doesn't headbutt.. so no.

Comment

Originally posted by miniq View Post
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOX0ys0gIhw

Brook doesn't headbutt.. so no.
                    This too. People pick on Devon but you get hit with Bradley's Superdome 4 times and tell me if you want to keep boxing. That was his most effective punch in that fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X