Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Good Read] Why does Paulie's disdain for Pacquiao go unchecked by him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Good Read] Why does Paulie's disdain for Pacquiao go unchecked by him?

**NOTE** - Please read ENTIRE post before replying

Listen, I'm all for making fun of the Pacman and laughing at his pathetic fans, but one thing I am not is a biased boxing fan. Look, I don't like Pacquiao, and I don't like his fans, but the one thing I don't like is a bully who talks a lot of smack but doesn't back it up.

This is where Showtime's very own Paulie Malignaggi comes into play. I must admit, I don't like this guy very much either. He does a lot of talking out of his ass and thinks he's something that he's not. He's a mediocre analyist at best and that's why Roy Jones was picked over him. I am relatively happy when he gets put on his ass (Porter) or taken to school (Broner). One thing that irks me though, is the amount of crap he's talked about the Pacman throughout his many years as a boxer. I'm sure you've seen them, whether through Elie Sechback videos or here on BoxingScene. He trashes Pac's boxing ability, his skillset, his technical ablities, his personal life and so on.

He makes good points about Pac possibly being on steroids, and he has every right to believe so because everyone is allowed to have an opinion. However, PED talk aside, how on earth are you going to trash the Pacman like that for years on end and NOT EVEN ATTEMPT TO FIGHT HIM? The pair have been in the SAME WEIGHT CLASS for years! I think that Paulie felt he was safe behind the safety net of being a Golden Boy/Showtime fighter for the majority of the time he was talking smack. He knew that Arum downright REFUSED to work with his company, thus knowing the opportunity would never present itself. As far as I know, the Pacman has NEVER talked smack to Paulie, nor has he even been addressed. It's one thing to be someone like me, or Teddy Atlas, or Steven A. Smith, and so on to talk bad about the Pacman, but I'm sorry, if you're in the guy's weight class and talk that much yet don't pursue a fight with him you are nothing but a bully with a big mouth.

I honestly don't believe the Pacman deserves a rematch with Floyd, it simply isn't warranted. But what better way to leave the sport than to leave the guy who has been talking so much smack behind a safety net bloody, broken and bruised? Paulie needs to step it up after he gets rid of this bum he's fighting. Like I said before, the Pacman deserves a LOT of the criticism he's receiving, but not if it comes from a guy who is of the same profession as you in the same weight class too. Paulie talks a lot for a guy whose girlfriend was taken on national TV, and his time to back it up has come. I hope you read this Paulie, because I'm not the only one who thinks this. Time to prove that you have some bite that comes with that bark.
    I agree, Paulie needs to man up and fight the Pacman
    53.13%
    I disagree, Paulie can talk all he wants, he's an analyist
    46.88%
    undecided
    0.00%
    Last edited by In Motion; 05-07-2015, 04:49 AM.

And to be honest, I believe what Paulie says about Pacman's alleged PED use earlier in his career. But what irks me is that it seems that Paulie holds a deeper grudge than just PED use. He often trashes Pac's boxing and technical skillset too. As if he's any better. Paulie is a very mediocre boxer who at one point actually claimed he wasn't getting enough recognition because he's "white" in a "non-white sport". What a pathetic loser this guy is. Paulie needs to put his money where his mouth is.

And just for clarity, it's not everyday that you'll see me make a Pro-Pacman thread so you better know I'm being sincere.

Last edited by In Motion; 05-07-2015, 02:59 AM.

Comment

This is a great thread id be all for a pacquiao-Malignaggi farewell fight.

Comment

Originally posted by -DSG- View Post
        This is a great thread id be all for a pacquiao-Malignaggi farewell fight.
        I agree. One of the VERY, VERY few fights where I'd be rooting for Pacquiao. I'd love to see him do what Porter did but 3x as bad. And hopefully Paulie goes off on a rant and gets fired by Showtime so they care hire a qualified analyist like Tarver or Foreman.

Comment

Lol.. Paulie.. A bully? Really.. It's his opinion, man. He can say what he wants, how he wants

Comment

Originally posted by D.I.E.S.E.L View Post
            Lol.. Paulie.. A bully? Really.. It's his opinion, man. He can say what he wants, how he wants
            But to be in the same weight class as the guy and hate on him for that many years? Why not just man up to fight the guy already instead of talking smack about him on youtube videos? Do you see what I'm getting at?

For instance, let's say that Andre Ward hated Pacquiao with a vengeance like Paulie does. It wouldn't lead to anything because they aren't even close in weight. Nothing could come from it. Pac and Andre would just have to accept the fact that nothing will happen but a war of words. However, in Paulie's situation, something CAN come from it. They CAN fight. They're in the same weight class and probably both dislike each other. That is, if in fact, if Pacquiao even knows who Paulie is.

Comment

paulie still salty since ab took his girl

Comment

Originally posted by SwagOnPoint View Post
                paulie still salty since ab took his girl
                Not gonna lie, that was probably the funniest thing that happened in boxing in the year of 2013. He straight up stole his girlfriend and bragged about it after taking his belt too.

Paulie was about to cry and hurl racial slurs. Remember how critical he was of Al Haymon prior to and after that fight?

Comment

Nope. I actually think Paulie wants the fight for the payday, but Pac's camp ignores him because he is not deserving of the fight. Algieri at least was undefeated. What does Paulie have to offer?

I wanna see Pac vs Khan, Pac vs Garcia instead.

Comment

Originally posted by hypodermical View Post
                    Nope. I actually think Paulie wants the fight for the payday, but Pac's camp ignores him because he is not deserving of the fight. Algieri at least was undefeated. What does Paulie have to offer?

I wanna see Pac vs Khan, Pac vs Garcia instead.
                    We'll I'm sure Manny wants to retire on a win. I doubt he'll fight a strong puncher or someone who's established in the WW divison. Paulie is the perfect fit.

Comment

Working...
                    X