Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if Pacquiao used a rope a dope strategy Saturday night??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if Pacquiao used a rope a dope strategy Saturday night??

Coming in we knew Floyd would control the distance from the get go and his check hook, jab and straight right hand to keep Pacquiao from darting in. We don't really know if this whole rotator cuff thing is true or not yet but for the sake of argument lets say he was good to go and just was lost trying to fight Floyd. If Pacquiao were to just lay on the ropes not coming at Floyd at all Floyd would be forced to close the distance on him. I mean would Floyd really just sit there in the middle of the ring just because of the virtue of him being a "counter puncher"? By doing this Floyd would have to press the offensive, which would bode well for Pacquiao and Roach's brilliant idea(sarcastic) of trying to counter Floyd to get inside like they were doing in the center of the ring.

Pac woulda got 12-0'd if he tried to be the counter puncher without a question. Floyd doesn't smother his punches and get excited when a guy is against the ropes

Comment

Why are all my threads getting deleted??

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
            Pac woulda got 12-0'd if he tried to be the counter puncher without a question. Floyd doesn't smother his punches and get excited when a guy is against the ropes
            But the point I am making is if Pac literally just cornered himself in the ropes and didn't press forward what so ever Floyd would have to take a riskier approach of controlling his own distance while establishing the offensive. For Floyd to move backwards when Pac is cornered not making any pressure would look terrible to the judges. In all it wouldn't matter if Floyd could just land more punches to win the round, but Floyd's footwork would be irrelevant. It is important that fighters stay true to their styles but a fight is a fight and Floyd would have to fight him even if Pac was cemented with his back against the corner or ropes

Comment

Originally posted by cake_cake_cake View Post
              Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
              ........???

Comment

wont work.

I always wanted a fighter who fought someone like mayweather who wont engage to just do exactly what he did and walk backwards and make him come to him, I mean like just stop the action walk to the middle of the ring and walk back.

Usually when that happens the refs yells at the fighter that does it and say come on fight lol,. but ignore that dude and stink it out.

I bet then coward ass fighting will be outlawed lol.

instead of BKB where this is exciting fights, they will be BKB (barely knockout boxing) lol and the ring will be 75 feet.

Comment

Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
                  ........???
                  Thats exactly what i am asking

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                    Thats exactly what i am asking
                    It's just a picture of Freddie and Manny at the post fight press conference. Floyd predicates on his opponents offense because he can pick at their vulnerabilities because every offensive fighter has them. What is so far fetched about someone presenting a style that forces Mayweather to stay in the pocket?

Comment

Working...
                    X