Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alvarez needs to stop ducking the entire 154 pounds division.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why fight Gomez instead of fighting Lara?

Comment

Originally posted by oc9979 View Post

do you want the perspective of a fanboy, or that of the people handling him?

fanboys :
      canelo sucks and is scared.

handlers:
      monay monay monay monay...... moooonayyy!

you're trying to turn the kid into a ppv star... why fight a cuban that's going to make for a boring fight in victory or defeat?

and really, did you guys see lara's fight with hernandez?
      hernandez most closely resembles canelo of the men lara fought. he didn't look like a guy who would scare anybody

Comment

Did you see Gomez fight Cotto. He was not even in the fight

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          do you want the perspective of a fanboy, or that of the people handling him?

fanboys :
          canelo sucks and is scared.

handlers:
          monay monay monay monay...... moooonayyy!

you're trying to turn the kid into a ppv star... why fight a cuban that's going to make for a boring fight in victory or defeat?

and really, did you guys see lara's fight with hernandez?
          hernandez most closely resembles canelo of the men lara fought. he didn't look like a guy who would scare anybody
          I can't see what you see..against hernandez lara fought great..look man lara is not a brawler, he box, he have great combos, excellent defence, nice footwork, decent power..he is a complete package..he is not like hit me and I will hit you..is more like I will hit you and you won't...hernandez is a tough guy who fought decents opponents...

Comment

I gave a bye to Canelo for fighting Lopez cause he tried to make a decent match and the opposition simply wasn't available due to events out of his control.

I will be critical in his next opponent cause it is time he stepped it up. The learning curve is over and it is time to strat taking over the division.

Like I have said before GBP might ruin this fighter if they continue with all the soft touches and giving him everything so easily.

Comment

Dirrell had 18 fights when he fought Froch
              Ward 20 fights
              Floyd 17 fights
              That does not matter. They got a huge fight before getting the other lesser, tough fights.

And, they had a long amateur career. Canelo didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by el_mas_chingon View Post
                It's funny because whenever he fought someone with a name a lot of people thought he'd be exposed and/or lose but he beat them all with ease. For example Mosley, Cintron, hell people where even giving Hatton and Rhodes a chance to pull the upset off, but all Failed!
                Exactly. They are waiting for him to be exposed which aint gonna happen HATERS!

Comment

The other divas at 154 are pretty much doing the same thing. Cotto comes to mind doing the same thing.
                  Last edited by Mr. Fantastic; 10-31-2012, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Why fight Trout, Mayorga and others instead of Lara and other upper tier 154 pounders?

It works both ways.

Comment

I have no doubts, Canelo will be stepping up to all the top guys after his next bout...

Really hope a Cotto fight comes off, that would be epic.

Comment

Working...
                      X