Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could spend an hour talking to any boxer in history - Who would it be and why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by check hook View Post
    Sonny Liston - To find out if the Ali fight was fixed by the mob.....or whether the punch truly just put his lights out.
    Sonny wasn't known for his conversational skills. You might not like the look he would give you if you asked him a question that he didn't like. And asking him if he took a dive might just trigger that, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
      Sonny wasn't known for his conversational skills. You might not like the look he would give you if you asked him a question that he didn't like. And asking him if he took a dive might just trigger that, lol.
      I was going to say Sonny, feel I could relate too him on a few things and know a bit about him which of what is in books / videos anyway, just like you said wouldn't talk too him about things he doesn't like (e.g Ali) and sure as hell don't want to drink any alcohol with him, could turn a good night into a bad one instantly.
      Last edited by NChristo; 09-30-2010, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
        I was going to say Sonny, feel I could relate too him on a few things and know a bit about him which of what is in books / videos anyway, just like you said wouldn't talk too him about things he doesn't like (e.g Ali) and sure as hell don't want to drink any alcohol with him, could turn a good night into a bad one instantly.
        I don't know what would be scarier, snorting coke with Mike Tyson or drinking bourbon with Sonny Liston.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
          Jake Lamotta. He fought in one of the greatest eras ever and fought he greatest sugar Ray Leonard. Plus he was a natural entertainer He would be fun to drink with.

Agreed on every point, I named my son after him!! Except one......

He never fought Sugar Ray Leonard!!!............Unless the old codger picked a street fight. Hee hee.

Comment

I would pick Jack Johnson, the man loved life and got as much out of it as he could against considerable odds. He stuck his finger up to society and said I'm a man and I'll do as I see fit. I'd definately wear my seat belt if he was driving though.

I must say that I was so impressed spending a bit of time with Dwight Davison. One of the kindest and most humble people that I've met. Want a night full of laughs and good times just look up Kady King, I love that guy. Also an awsome person is Jackie Kallen. Shes so positive minded and really just an incredible lady. And I can't say enough about Bill Miller, great guy with all of the old time stories. He was alot of fun to be around........Rockin'
            Last edited by Rockin'; 10-01-2010, 06:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X