No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez: Canelo Must Give in To Cotto's Demands

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
    This fight is not happening. Canelo will fight Golovkin and Golovkin will happily accept his terms and Golovkin will beat Canelo's ass.
    Amen brotha. That said that monster triple g will whoop anybody's ass south of 160.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRichCoward View Post
      It's funny how the career journeyman, Cotto, thinks he's the A-side in all of this.
      "Career journeyman, Cotto". Are you serious? C'mon man, he's a NO DOUBT ABOUT IT, FUTURE HALL OF FAMER! To be inducted into the Boxing Hall of Fame, a boxer has to have had a distinguished career, which Miguel Cotto has had. If you argue differently, you are sadly mistaken, or just hating for the sake of hating with no rationale, or facts to support your argument.

Comment

Originally posted by UTEP View Post
        I think it's part of Canelo's strategy to get GGG down to 155 If manages to beat Cotto at that weight. GGG's desperate for a big fight and big payday so he'll probably end up taking the fight at 155.
        You think wrong -- in case Canelo gets the lineal middleweight belt he can't drag anyone down under 160... Canelo will not fight Golovkin until 2016 or later...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
          You think wrong -- in case Canelo gets the lineal middleweight belt he can't drag anyone down under 160... Canelo will not fight Golovkin until 2016 or later...

Good to know. Is that a rule or something?

Comment

Na COTTO is a free agent and would dump arum for the big payday and fight cotto also has no ties to HBO Canelo will give into the demands he's talking about cotto being hard with demands and the ginger bread came with his own demands not budging acting like a big diva he's only a star in Mexico cotto is an establish domestic and international star Canelo needs this fight and if he doesn't get it floyd cotto 2 happens

Comment

Originally posted by AntonTheMeh View Post
              i think the catchweight thing is hilarious. canelo wants a catchweight, when he's the bigger guy. seems like he's using a little foresight so that he doesn't have to defend against ggg. i don't blame him. they'd both get extinguished.
              Watch Canelo beat Cotto @ 155 for the MW Title, then duck GGG & call out Pacquiao by Oscar's orders. Then Oscar would lock down another big fight for Canelo in September. But then again, a fight against GGG wouldn't be bad PPV-wise either.

That would also force Pacquiao to fight three times in 2015 because the Vargas/Canelo fights would be in Vegas and a Crawford/Garcia fight in a guaranteed in Macau.

Only issue I'd see coming up is Pacquiao not wanting to go up to anywhere near 155 even for a 9th title & a mega-fight unless he's allowed to come in at like 151. That would be reasonable year if May/Pac doesn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
                that article is a translation from an interview canelo gave to a mexican radio station, on which he said they agreed on that catchweight(not that he proposed) and concerning the ppv split he mentioned that they were hoping for 50-50 cuz obviously cotto wanted more than that... but he didnt imposed the weight or the split.. its all part of the negotiations...
                yup,i saw an interview with canelo and i'd rather see him say it and not read these translations which at times are poor,,,,i'm guessing if anyone asked for a catchweight it was cotto because it benefits him instead of canelo,canelo i'm sure would rather cotto go up to 160 and be less strong as oppose to 155,thats why cotto asked for a catchweight against Martinez too and cotto came in weighing at 155 (I think)

Comment

More of a reason to love JMM

Comment

Marquez is right.

learn from his mistake canelo.

Canelo needs to bowdown to cottos demand. Canelo beating Cotto and putting that fight and name on his resume will be worth more down the road than compared to getting the best offer he can get from cotto.

Canelo needs to be smart enough to know this. What you lose on the negotiating table for this fight you will earn ten fold once you beat cotto.

dont be dumb canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                      Ggg said anyone 154-168. Canelo will use his words against him just like Floyd did to canelo

Comment

Working...
                      X