No announcement yet.

Gamboa vs. Broner...a huge mismatch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
    I'm almost in complete agreement with this, except I'm not sold on the idea that Gamboa would be no match.

But I'm inclined to believe that Broner would have a solid edge unless Gamboa had Broner come in at a mannyweight.
    I like Gamboa. I just think that Gamboa's style is tailormade for Broner.

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
      Wow...this fight equals a mismatch of epic proportions.

I think Broner, as much as I dislike the dude would beat the brakes off of Gamboa. Gamboa last fought at 126, has been inactive and has always been a bit chinny, against less than quality opponents.

While he's faster than Broner, it isn't by much and I don't see a huge gap in talent either. I think Gamboa is only slightly more talented, but barely. Frankly, Broner's size and reach advantage, coupled with his talent should be more than enough for a guy moving up two or more divisions. Manny Pacquiao, Gamboa is not. They both have fought cupcakes mostly, and Broner and Gamboa have about equal in quality win(s) (DeMarco and Siri). This supposed shut-out just makes no sense. Guys, please stop, you're killing me

Discuss
      Broner has fought B level fighters at best he lost to De Leon but got a gift Gamboa will clean his clock and end the similar Berto Hype machine

Comment

There is no speed difference?

Gamboa is in the discussion of fastest in the sport, Broner is not. The difference in hand and foot speed is very clear. Broner would have trouble walking down someone much faster on his feet, in fact, I simply don't think he could.

Gamboa would outbox him.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
          That's not what I asked you.

I agree that Broner would have problems.

I was just asking your opinion as to whether you thought Broner could or could not switch his approach up.

I mean let's face it: With all the Mayweather comparisons, one has to wonder if Broner were taken to task could he change his approach like Floyd did against Zab Judah.

I was just looking for your opinion. Personally I find that aspect much more worthy of exploring than just simply saying "Gambo is going to be too much".
          Does he have another gear he can switch to? I don't know, he's still young and he's improving so noone can say for sure if we've seen all he has to offer. What I can tell you is that even in his near-losses he kept fighting at the same rhythm, just calmly walking forward and throwing singles. He has the aura of a fighter who doesn't feel like he needs to raise his game for anybody, he doesn't mind getting outworked because he's confident that sooner or later he'll catch you and make you pay. That mindset can hurt you against a guy with good lateral movement.

Broner doesn't strike me as someone who's good at adapting, as weird as it sounds I would almost call him one-dimensional, in the same way that Winky was one-dimensional. But maybe he can step his game up to a whole new level and prove me wrong.

Comment

Look, you can point out Broners flaws and ignore Gamboa's if you want to. When the fight happens, make sure you guys post these same remarks lol, because mine won't change.

Comment

I think it would be a good fight... but Broner might be too big for Gamboa

Comment

My two favorite young fighters. I don't want to see this fight ever. Two of the most skilled fighters of this generation.

Comment

I'll say the same thing I said in the other thread. I never heard anybody say Tyson would get destroyed by so and so cause he was too small. So why is this logic being thrown around in this case so much?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
                    Wow...this fight equals a mismatch of epic proportions.

I think Broner, as much as I dislike the dude would beat the brakes off of Gamboa. Gamboa last fought at 126, has been inactive and has always been a bit chinny, against less than quality opponents.

While he's faster than Broner, it isn't by much and I don't see a huge gap in talent either. I think Gamboa is only slightly more talented, but barely. Frankly, Broner's size and reach advantage, coupled with his talent should be more than enough for a guy moving up two or more divisions. Manny Pacquiao, Gamboa is not. They both have fought cupcakes mostly, and Broner and Gamboa have about equal in quality win(s) (DeMarco and Siri). This supposed shut-out just makes no sense. Guys, please stop, you're killing me

Discuss
                    Broner couldn't walk down ponce de leon who's still a featherweight and whom gamboa defeated clearly..you said gamboa is chinny..you forgot to said that he fought and defeated sluggers like salido, ponce de leon, barros, solis..he never been hurt in his whole career..the knockouts were out of balance...almost everybody who yuri fought have size advantage on him and he never had a problem with them..unlike broner.....yuri is faster, have great footwork, devastating punching power in both hands and he is used to win for more than 10 years...broner punches didn't had effect in ponce who is a featherweight I can see Gamboa hurt by them..gamboa took great shots from salido, from ramirez and from darlin Jimenez and he was fine...actually every time he got knockout he got mad and knock them out right back..gamboa is a small little beast...

Comment

i dont even like Broner, but he would destroy Gamboa quite easily.

Comment

Working...
                      X