Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linares vs De Marco Stoppage Did you agree?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
    Yea I have no idea where that cut came from, sometimes it's so difficult to tell, although DeMarco's so lanky we've seen him cause a pretty nice gash before with his elbow....

Linares also went through with the fight after getting cut in sparring which people don't seem to realize.

DeMarco is a beast, and he does not deserve to get credit taken from him, I just think that in a rematch, if Linares's face holds up and he fights a little smarter(holds once in a while) he can comfortably win.

I really think this fight warrants a rematch and I for one would love to see it. Who wouldn't want to see these two go at it again?
    im in for a rematch.

without that fight, i would have felt like I wasted the whole $60, as it stands now, I feel like I only wasted $38 (credit $1 for the Paulie fight and $21 for linares-demarco)

linares needs to hold and/or gtfo after the throws those combos better next time.

Comment

Originally posted by El 7 Mares V.2 View Post
      That's a little deceiving though, I don't think his chin was ever suspect really. His loss against Salgado was due to a well connected power shot the temple that really rocked him I believe, but other than that his chin had ever been tested to a point where we know for a fact if it was shaky or not. I think this fight clearly proofs that it isn't shaky, as he took some really good shots and relatively took them well for the most part.

So I don't see the chin a problem but more likely the ability to absorb some of those shots physically and mentally, plus the whole bloodied face just made matters worse.
      Right I'm with you there....but I've seen people just slam his chin. I heard someone make an Amir Khan comparison here and was like whoa haha. People just overreact like crazy, the guy was a bloody mess and was up against a kid who has as much determination as anyone in the sport.

It was just a good hard fought fight on both sides. Linares was a victim of some unfortune(his face cutting) and he kind of showed his inexperience when he had to survive rocky moments. I think he'll be alright, and I think DeMarco is being seriously undervalued, the kid is very, very tough. He'll give Rios hell until Rios shows that he's just more man than even DeMarco.

Comment

I just watched the fight again. Linares was hitting him with everything he had and he just kept coming. DeMarco has a very, very good chin, and i think that was a major factor in him winning this fight. That and his detirmination.

DM wasn't hitting him nearly as much, but he hits hard and clean. I think it was a good stoppage. No way Linares was going to emerge from that situation to win the fight in any way. As far as a rematch goes, i see a very similar thing happening.

Plus, from what I'm sensing from that fight, Linares did not take this loss well. It really affected him. in a rematch, he would be fighting the haunting ghost of this loss also. Demarco, like a good sport, spent some time consoling him on his stool, slouched over, lementing his defeat.. I like DeMarco, and I would bet big on him again.

I also agree that Rios would be his undoing. Rios is a little monster, kinda like Pac, only not on Pac's level.

Comment

Originally posted by jazluvr View Post
          I just watched the fight again. Linares was hitting him with everything he had and he just kept coming. DeMarco has a very, very good chin, and i think that was a major factor in him winning this fight. That and his detirmination.

DM wasn't hitting him nearly as much, but he hits hard and clean. I think it was a good stoppage. No way Linares was going to emerge from that situation to win the fight in any way. As far as a rematch goes, i see a very similar thing happening.

Plus, from what I'm sensing from that fight, Linares did not take this loss well. It really affected him. in a rematch, he would be fighting the haunting ghost of this loss also. Demarco, like a good sport, spent some time consoling him on his stool, slouched over, lementing his defeat.. I like DeMarco, and I would bet big on him again.

I also agree that Rios would be his undoing. Rios is a little monster, kinda like Pac, only not on Pac's level.
          That was great, DeMarco is one hell of a humble kid which is way I root for him all the time I see him fight. He didn't even get to get his hand raised when they announced him the winner, he spent the whole time in Linares corner trying his best to help him cope with defeat, he's one honest to God genuine person.

Comment

Working...
          X