Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sanchez: Canelo Can Be 155, But Golovkin Will Weigh 160!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think ggg will ever move up in weight. Right it down, take a picture, frame it! All his "suppose" suoerbfights NEVER happen. It didn't happen with Chavez Jr, or ward, and won't happen with Degale either. He's gonna sit and squat at 160 and wait for ex-139 lbers like Saul and Cotto to move up. Fuk hell be calling out Crawford soon...

Comment

• It doesn't make sense for Canelo to fight Khan at a 155 catch weight, since Khan is a naturally smaller fighter, the catchweight won't drain him in any way. It's very strange as to why there would be a catch weight for this fight.

Comment

• Can anyone answer this question for me? I've been wondering this for weeks. HOW THE HELL IS WADE THE IBF MANDATORY FOR GOLOVKIN IF HE'S NEVER FOUGHT AT MIDDLEWEIGHT??? The dude regularly weighs over 161 in every fight he's ever been in, some times at SUPER MIDDLEWEIGHT. He's also fought nothing, but unranked competition at middleweight with the exception of a 41 year old Sam Solimon with 1 good knee, and most people think Wade lost that fight. So HOW?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          The facts are that Golovkin was willing to fight at 168 against Chavez Jr and Froch. But when it came to Andre Ward it had to be at 164 according to Abel Sanchez, otherwise no fight.

So now it's hilarious to see Team GGG get bent out of shape because Canelo is trying to pull the exact same move on them with this 155 stuff.
          Not the same. In this case, Canelo will be stripped of his MW belt if he doesn't man up to 160. But...Golovkin isn't holding any SMW belt, and his constant and consistent goal is to unify the MW division. Sure, his team has considered making money as well against large draw fighters outside the division. But none of them came to fruition.

Meanwhile, if manly, studly Canelo wants to be stripped of the belt and look like a ******* slit, then great. He is welcome to his dishonor.

Comment

"To force him down to a certain weight, that's unacceptable."

But it was acceptable when you wanted to force Andre Ward down to 164. Isn't that right, Abel Sanchez?
            GGG called the bluff of Ward by making 164 offer- right in the middle of 160 and 168. That was a fair deal from all standpoints. They compromised and made consessions. Did Ward made a step forward to finalize the deal? That's a clear duck

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
              I don't think ggg will ever move up in weight. Right it down, take a picture, frame it! All his "suppose" suoerbfights NEVER happen. It didn't happen with Chavez Jr, or ward, and won't happen with Degale either. He's gonna sit and squat at 160 and wait for ex-139 lbers like Saul and Cotto to move up. Fuk hell be calling out Crawford soon...
              Chavez and Froch ducked him at 168 while Ward ducke at 164. Just wait for 1-2 years, until all belts are unified

Comment

• Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
                K2/Abel/GGG are in no position to negotiate

It's about big fights not belts. If Nelo insists on 155 then that's what it is or sit back fight cans and continue to run through a weak as f.uck MW division but doing that won't raise his profile any higher with or without all the belts.
                Rules are rules. If Canelo walks away because of a CW, he gets stripped. Under other circumstances, then he has that A-side leverage over GGG but even Abel knows that Canelo will lose that belt if he demands a CW.

Comment

"To force him down to a certain weight, that's unacceptable."

But it was acceptable when you wanted to force Andre Ward down to 164. Isn't that right, Abel Sanchez?
                  When did they fight?

Comment

• Canelo is afraid. Golovkin is desperate. Jacobs is afraid of Golovkin and Saunders is afraid as well. No one has made an effort to fight the best in that division. If you GGG haters really wanna see him tested, then go to those fighter's pages and tell them to step up. I have not heard of Jacobs or Saunders trying to make a fight with the best in their division.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                      Everybody knew that GGG was going to be fighting Wade a week before it was announced ... it's a mandatory fight, and not one to get excited about.

Canelo vs Khan was a bombshell that came out of the blue, and it's Khan moving up 2 divisions for Canelo that everybody is talking about.

Khan is the one getting all the praise for his balls and audacity. Have you seen ANYBODY giving Canelo respect for taking this fight?

Even if Canelo crushes Kahn he is going to get no praise for doing it. If he then gets stripped for refusing to fight at GGG at 160, his popularity and reputation will take a massive hit..

He's getting a lot of money for fighting Khan, but unless he follows it up by defending against Golovkin at 160, it's a terrible match-up for Canelo in every respect except the financial.
                      I figure every fight can't be perfectly aligned with each fighter weighing within .5 pounds of each other. Sometimes you get a Holmes vs Spinks and I don't see a problem with it once. It's not like Canelo is lining up Khan then Garcia then Pacquiao for his next few fights. It's one fight and as far as GGG they both said they want to fight so we'll wait and see. Can't knock him for something that we haven't seen the conclusion too.I think Khan has a chance because Canelo never uses his size advantage and always tries to box which helps Khan out a bit.

Comment

Working...
                      X