Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sanchez: Canelo Can Be 155, But Golovkin Will Weigh 160!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
    The Middleweight Titles are contested at no more than 160 pounds!
    That's all you need to know about Middleweight weights.

Years ago Abel said that GGG could fight at 154 for a Mayweather fight! Why?
    The obvious, the money! Why fight Canelo at junior middle +1 for a 160lb title?
    In New York or L.A. GGG is the A side not Canelo,
    Stopped reading right here. You're either delusional or a moron. Or you're a delusional moron.

Comment

In hindsight, they shouldn't have taken Cotto's step aside. They could have had all the belts by now.

Just to clarify, they did the right thing at the time with the information they had at hand. But I wish they didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
        That's it though isn't it? I remember reading not that long ago, they were saying GGG was ready for anyone 154-168 or thereabouts. Now a 180 flip? Sorry Abel, A.) Your guy is the B side vs Canelo. You don't make the rules. B.) You said all comers 154-168, so own up to it. Or talk less. Probably - TALK LESS - would be a good move at this point.
        It's pretty obvious what they did. They wanted an advantage if they were going to fight Ward so Sanchez came up with the 164 stipulation.

But now Canelo wants the advantage by bringing up 155 and suddenly those tactics are not ok to Team Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          It's pretty obvious what they did. They wanted an advantage if they were going to fight Ward so Sanchez came up with the 164 stipulation.

But now Canelo wants the advantage by bringing up 155 and suddenly those tactics are not ok to Team Golovkin.
          Canelo wants a advantage fighting a man in his own division? The great 160mw champ wants a fighter to come down to 155. Ward is not in the same division and GGG has no obligation to fight him which is a very big difference. But i guess Ward draining Dawson to 168 was cool for Ward to do, Dawson never the same since. GGG instead of 164 should have done a Ward and said come all the way to 160.

Comment

You guys are naive if you think GGG and his camp haven't thought about this scenario happening since the Cotto/Canelo fight. Or even since they fought Rubio. Why do you think GGG has been so positive about all this. He knows there's an end game. He wants unification. Why? Well it's simple, he's a natural middleweight. If he can hold all the belts, he calls all the shots at MW and JMW (for guys who want to move up). Just because the critics have no patience, doesn't me he shouldn't. He is a 160b fighter, not a SMW. Any fight where he goes up to SMW (Froch, Chavez Jr., etc..), he will be giving a serious weight advantage to his opponent. He wasn't willing to give Ward that advantage, especially at 50/50 on the purse and a year long commitment. What's so hard to understand about that? He will not likely move up to SMW until he decides the move will be a permanent one. He will only take a weight penalty + or - for big money. They have been consistent about this for the past couple of years. As for Canelo, they must have some kind of arrangement. If Canelo keeps ducking, they will have him stripped. He will get Canelo eventually anyway unless Canelo is content never to fight for a title. He can't make 154 anymore and he won't just jump up to SMW.

Comment

this team has repeatedly took step aside money..they have repeatedly not forced their hand...i credit ggg for doing things like trying to fight daren barker for free on the come up, but then again it is daren barker lol..but it does show his belief in himself i guess...but now that he has a little steak of his own he is becoming a diva a bit...go take canelo's belt and force his hand

Comment

Originally posted by bug0092 View Post
                You guys are naive if you think GGG and his camp haven't thought about this scenario happening since the Cotto/Canelo fight. Or even since they fought Rubio. Why do you think GGG has been so positive about all this. He knows there's an end game. He wants unification. Why? Well it's simple, he's a natural middleweight. If he can hold all the belts, he calls all the shots at MW and JMW (for guys who want to move up). Just because the critics have no patience, doesn't me he shouldn't. He is a 160b fighter, not a SMW. Any fight where he goes up to SMW (Froch, Chavez Jr., etc..), he will be giving a serious weight advantage to his opponent. He wasn't willing to give Ward that advantage, especially at 50/50 on the purse and a year long commitment. What's so hard to understand about that? He will not likely move up to SMW until he decides the move will be a permanent one. He will only take a weight penalty + or - for big money. They have been consistent about this for the past couple of years. As for Canelo, they must have some kind of arrangement. If Canelo keeps ducking, they will have him stripped. He will get Canelo eventually anyway unless Canelo is content never to fight for a title. He can't make 154 anymore and he won't just jump up to SMW.
                i have still yet to see proof that ward told him to weight a year..i thought tom even said take 1 figtht each and then fight each other..and that deal would have been perfect bc he still has not gotten canelo like ppl said..they said why agree to fight ward next when he have canelo next..canelo still looks a year away..

Comment

i know this isnt about the thread..but i always felt GGG would destroy lara...and not only lara, canelo as well...
                  but i think im changing my stance on at least lara based on the tape..GGG his some flaws with his feet...i think he has some real competition now.
                  i've been watching a lot of tape and this guy is very slow and robotic..
                  he only really commits to head shots unless he is right up on you..

Comment

One of the better threads this year will be titled "Canelo Vacates MW Title, Will Pursue Cotto Rematch at JMW".

Can't wait to shower in Golovtard tears.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                      The main reason why Floyd got somewhat of a pass on the catchweight with Canelo is because Nelo had previously said he'd come down to 150. Plus, the manner in which Floyd won left little doubt as to whether the fight would have been different at the full 154 limit.

Same with the Nelo-GGG situation. GGG is on record saying he'd come down to 154 to fight Floyd. So logic says that if you'll do 154 for Floyd, why not 155 for Canelo? Plus, he asked Ward to come down to 164. So unless you're a completely irrational fanboy. There's quite a bit of hypocrisy coming from GGG's camp on weight issues.
                      Because Canelo comes into the ring about 25lbs heavier than Floyd?

Ward wasn't a MW and GGG isn't a SMW. 164 is a catchweight half way between 160 and 168. One man moves up 4lbs, the other moves down 4lbs.

That is not in any way comparable to trying to defend a MW title against a mandatory challenger at a weight 1lb above SWW.

There's no hypocrisy coming from GGG's camp, just a lot of bullshit from people who are either too stupid or too biased to see the difference.

Comment

Working...
                      X