Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Greatest 2 Consecutive years for any Boxer- by Henry Armstrong

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Henrys two years equals Floyds career!!!!! Armstrong was a fighting machine and took on all the best contenders!!! A top ten ATG easily and one of the greatest conditioned athletes of all time also!! Ray.

Comment

In 1919 alone (45-0) Harry Greb had more fights, more wins and beat more HOFers... than Sugar Ray Leonard in his entire career!

Comment

Henry had over 180 pro bouts and I think he was stopped Twice! I know he got stopped in his First fight so I guess he didn't like that!! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by UrDazed View Post
          Just never really thought Marshall was as good at 175 from 160, which is a big jump in that era. His record shows it.

They are about the level of Arizimendi/Wright, two guys Armstrong waxed in his 2 year run. Cerefino Garcia also waxed Marshall 2 times after Armstrong beat him.
          He might not be as good as he was at 160 but he still proved he was good at LHW.

I'll give you Oakland Billy Smith being on the level of Chalkey Wright but absolutely no way is Lloyd Marshall on the level of Chalkey Wright, not even nearly. In all honesty, Smith has a much better resume than Chalkey Wright does. If we compare them they both have better resumes, Marshall by a long long shot.

Arizmendi was an excellent fighter so I can agree with that.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            He might not be as good as he was at 160 but he still proved he was good at LHW.

I'll give you Oakland Billy Smith being on the level of Chalkey Wright but absolutely no way is Lloyd Marshall on the level of Chalkey Wright, not even nearly. In all honesty, Smith has a much better resume than Chalkey Wright does. If we compare them they both have better resumes, Marshall by a long long shot.

Arizmendi was an excellent fighter so I can agree with that.
            Both are top 5 dead or alive, so who cares

Comment

Originally posted by Bundana View Post
              In 1919 alone (45-0) Harry Greb had more fights, more wins and beat more HOFers... than Sugar Ray Leonard in his entire career!
              Are you saying Greb in one year beat more HOFers than SRR in his whole career? I think your stats are quite wrong there. I may be wrong so gimme a list of HOFers that both guys beat. I find it hard to believe at the moment.

With regards to the original post, yes Armstrong may have had 2 of the best years ever by a boxer. His championships in multiple weight divisions (with no junior titles) will not be replicated.

Muhammad Ali's run in 74-75 was terrific too. He beat the likes of Bugner, Lyle and Wepner, all top rated heavies and then added to that two fight of the year candidates in Foreman and Frazier III. On top of all that, his KO of Foreman is one of boxing's biggest upsets and gave Ali his second reign as champion.

Sugar Ray Robinson from 42-43 had a terrific year, although he didn't win any world titles he beat former/future champs and HOFers in the likes of LaMotta, Servo, Zivic and Armstrong. Now that's a heck of a resume in the space of 24 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
                Are you saying Greb in one year beat more HOFers than SRR in his whole career? I think your stats are quite wrong there. I may be wrong so gimme a list of HOFers that both guys beat. I find it hard to believe at the moment.

With regards to the original post, yes Armstrong may have had 2 of the best years ever by a boxer. His championships in multiple weight divisions (with no junior titles) will not be replicated.

Muhammad Ali's run in 74-75 was terrific too. He beat the likes of Bugner, Lyle and Wepner, all top rated heavies and then added to that two fight of the year candidates in Foreman and Frazier III. On top of all that, his KO of Foreman is one of boxing's biggest upsets and gave Ali his second reign as champion.

Sugar Ray Robinson from 42-43 had a terrific year, although he didn't win any world titles he beat former/future champs and HOFers in the likes of LaMotta, Servo, Zivic and Armstrong. Now that's a heck of a resume in the space of 24 months.
                No, I was saying Sugar Ray Leonard - not SRR!

Comment

Originally posted by Bundana View Post
                  No, I was saying Sugar Ray Leonard - not SRR!
                  ohhh my mad lol fair enough

Comment

Working...
                  X