Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats with all the racial tensions in boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Schism View Post
    England has it with;

Wales
    Scotland
    France
    Argentina
    Germany
    Ireland
    America

And probably a lot more countries.

It's just the way everything is in terms of competition. That we must beat our rivals and if we don't, we're failures.

It would be boring if us boxing fans just went to watch a fight and sat there in silence.

It's a sense of pride, trying to push your team/fighter that extra bit further. There is no better atmosphere than being at a football match or a big English boxing match.

Do a lot of American's have their favourite NFL team tattooed on their body?
    haha i know a buddy of mine who has the New Orleans Saints symbol on his chest above his heart haha.

I guess its just different types of fans. But Soccer/Football is a totally different monster than the NFL and i can admit that.

I guess we americans are so used to competing with ourselves(NFL, NBA, MLB) that we dont have many countries we consider rivals in sports right now.

But Mexico vs. USA in soccer is pretty big at least around the people i know. Cant speak for the rest of America.

Comment

Originally posted by USA_Pugilist View Post
      haha i know a buddy of mine who has the New Orleans Saints symbol on his chest above his heart haha.

I guess its just different types of fans. But Soccer/Football is a totally different monster than the NFL and i can admit that.

I guess we americans are so used to competing with ourselves(NFL, NBA, MLB) that we dont have many countries we consider rivals in sports right now.

But Mexico vs. USA in soccer is pretty big at least around the people i know. Cant speak for the rest of America.
      Well if England lose to USA, even if it's a close game. They'll get absolute **** on.

It'll be front page news, they'll get completely ripped. In Britain, if you aren't on top of the world, then you're deemed a failure.

Practically every football fan I know has a tattoo of their club somewhere on their body.

Comment

Originally posted by Schism View Post
        Well if England lose to USA, even if it's a close game. They'll get absolute **** on.

It'll be front page news, they'll get completely ripped. In Britain, if you aren't on top of the world, then you're deemed a failure.

Practically every football fan I know has a tattoo of their club somewhere on their body.
        oh well when it comes to the world stage like the olympics we definently want to be on top. Damn thats crazy to me that USA vs. England is so big. Over here its really not made into much. Like i said our rivalries are pretty weak.

by the way how is argentina in there as a rival? haha

I bet yall are gonna be REAL mad when we beat yall in first round world cup matches.......haha only kidding

Comment

Originally posted by USA_Pugilist View Post
          oh well when it comes to the world stage like the olympics we definently want to be on top. Damn thats crazy to me that USA vs. England is so big. Over here its really not made into much. Like i said our rivalries are pretty weak.

by the way how is argentina in there as a rival? haha

I bet yall are gonna be REAL mad when we beat yall in first round world cup matches.......haha only kidding
          Argentina is a big rivalry too.

I'd say the home nations are a bigger rivalry than USA. USA are as big as France, Argentina.

Basically anyone Britain has a history with is a rival.

Comment

Working...
          X