No announcement yet.

Daniel Santos to "Reborn" Agaisnt Yuri Foreman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daniel Santos to "Reborn" Agaisnt Yuri Foreman

Bayamon - Daniel Santos will be performing the biggest fight in his career on Saturday 14th of the month.

The junior middleweight champion of the World Boxing Association will present its crown against undefeated Yuri Foreman fighting one of the cartel semiestelares Firepower to be held at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas and will be starring holder litigation between Miguel Cotto and Manny Pacquiao.

For Santos, who just turned 34, in addition to the natural importance that has the fight to be crowned world champion defending his return there is the incentive to 'make love' to the Americans to fight telecadenas more often and for good bags already in the final of a career that includes 33 wins, three defeats, one draw and a 'no contest'.

In fact, Santos has barely fight 14 times since he fell in a controversial decision to divide Akhmed Kotiev on 27 November 1999 to challenge him for the WBO welterweight scepter.

The scepter bayamon captured this by knocking in five rounds in the rematch to Kotiev completed on 6 May 2000. That year, Santos successfully defended his title twice further and then its action on the ring fell to almost a year fighting since fighting hunted fell and others were rejected by the challenger or champion.

But Santos, who entered training weighing 160 pounds yesterday, expects the fight with Foreman, a Belarussian who is unbeaten in 28 fights, is a new beginning in his career.

"It'sa good opportunity because there is an expectation. ”, . We must seize it because I can open doors, "Santos said yesterday at the conclusion of their training in the gym boxing Miguel J. Frau de Bayamón. Frau in Bayamon.

. "In this fight I faced an elite fighter. A victory over him makes me a higher level than I am, "added the world champion, who yesterday made several rounds of gloves, jacket, pear and jump rope.

Francisco 'Paquito' Santos, father and coach of world champion at 154 pounds, agreed with the words of his son.

"It will be interesting and a billboard has been sold worldwide. This is the opportunity, "said the coach. . "Daniel from fans have fled, Here (in training) across the world are fleeing. But we are willing to fight to be at 154, 160 or 168 (pounds) ".

. "What audiences will see is a renewed Daniel. It has improved more on the technical tactical. The training is complete. This very well in the preparation that we wanted to have for this fight, "he said.

About Foreman, Holy Father said that it should not bring anything other than the ring when challenge him on Saturday 14.

"Yuri has fought the same since amateur. The adjustment we have to do is up there (on the ring), but the adjustment you have is with the straight left, "said the coach.

Santos and his entourage will depart on Tuesday afternoon to Las Vegas
Working...
X