No announcement yet.

Diaz vs McGregor UFC 202 Aug.20th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
    Conor has being doing the right thing, he has been training like a madman since losing. He's cut out that ponytail fraud out of his camp. He knows the mistakes he made. He will also come in better shape, fight smarter and he'll have improved his skills somewhat too.
    That's good news. He was actually too casual with his movement and attitude with that guy around. It took some of the fighting killer instinct out of him.

I'm intrigued what other changes he's made to his team and camp. Because with 3 losses on his record he can't feasibly maintain his huge climb and audience appeal with another. I wasn't impressed with his press conf nonsense either, part of me thinks mentally he's almost like Fury now. Subconsciously happy he's gotten the belts, beat the main guy, and is now all to cavalier about future fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Kris Silver View Post
      That's good news. He was actually too casual with his movement and attitude with that guy around. It took some of the fighting killer instinct out of him.

I'm intrigued what other changes he's made to his team and camp. Because with 3 losses on his record he can't feasibly maintain his huge climb and audience appeal with another. I wasn't impressed with his press conf nonsense either, part of me thinks mentally he's almost like Fury now. Subconsciously happy he's gotten the belts, beat the main guy, and is now all to cavalier about future fights.
      I don't think so. I think he's all about the money. He lives and spends quite lavishly, not Mayweather-esque but still for an MMA fighter he does. Fury lives like he's on social security lol. Fury can probably retire now with the way he lives. Conor knows it's all about the money, the title helps bring in more money but he's bigger than the title now. He can roam where he wants and bring in the $. He just thought he was better than he actually was before Diaz tapped his ass out. Mayweather would have drained Diaz or delayed the fight. I love Conor for his approach though, I think all fight fans love his gungho attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
        http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/15...ent-dana-white

I somehow missed the announcement after Sat's fight...but it looks like it on! I don't see this working out any better for McGregor. I think Diaz is going to make McGregor look even worse now after a full training camp and knowing he can beat him without one.
        completly agreed and has been saying this after the first fight. but for some reason mcgregor fans keep thinking a rematch will be different.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          I think Diaz fights counterproductive to his own abilities more often then not so I like McGregor. I think McGregor will come in smarter & probably do some Carlos Condit vs Nick Diaz type **** worse case instead of the all or nothing approach he had in the first fight. I mean go look at that first fight. McGregor was making Nate look like a horror movie victim til he started taking too many shots & gassed himself out cuz he's not used to going rounds. I don't see why a smarter gameplan doesn't make that fight a whole lot easier for McGregor.
          the diaz brothers always get busted up in a fight EVERYTIME. dont look into that so much, it means jack shit. conor will lose again, all my points for anyone dumb enough to take this.

Comment

Because with 3 losses on his record he can't feasibly maintain his huge climb and audience appeal with another.
            I question if some of you guys even watch UFC beyond the mainstream level guys. L's don't matter in the UFC like L's matter in boxing. Hell Nate Diaz has like 10 losses and has lost 1/3 of his fights and is one of the most famous UFC guys right now. By no means is Conor a L away from obscurity as some suggest, but a L don't impact guys nearly as bad in the UFC as people know the L negative baseline to effect boxers.
            Last edited by Eff Pandas; 06-15-2016, 11:36 PM.

Comment

I question if some of you guys even watch UFC beyond the mainstream level guys. L's don't matter in the UFC like L's matter in boxing. Hell Nate Diaz has like 10 losses and has lost 1/3 of his fights and is one of the most famous UFC guys right now. By no means is Conor a L away from obscurity as some suggest, but a L don't impact guys nearly as bad in the UFC as people know the L negative baseline to effect boxers.
              What an obvious critical path to have taken there. Quite aware losses are different in MMA, that’s blatantly obvious to all...smart ass.

However there’s a few elite guys in MMA whereby a key part of them being so prevalent is being unbeaten or with very few losses, seemingly having an aura of invincibility.

Jon Jones, George St. Pierre, Ronda Rousey, Anderson Silva, Fedor, Weidman. All these guys had it and you can’t argue the ones with more losses from that bunch, have lost more and more of their shine.

If you’re going to talk the talk of being almost invincible, Conor’s got record high amounts of people on his bandwagon, and some aren’t so fussed already.

And all Nate has done is stolen some of Conor’s spotlight – for a time.

Comment

What an obvious critical path to have taken there. Quite aware losses are different in MMA, that’s blatantly obvious to all...smart ass.
                LOL.

But I don't think it is blatantly obvious based on some of the conversations I've had with primarily boxing people about MMA ****. Soooooo many guys think Ronda, Conor or some time in the future when Jon Jones legit loses its like Canelo or Floyd losing in boxing (& most of the time Canelo or Floyd losing isn't as severe as people wanna believe that to be either to go off-topic a lil bit, its a competitive sport, nearly everyone who's ever fought has lost & moved on). So if I mistook you for one of those guys my mistake. Its just how you worded Conor taking another L sounded like what one of those guys would say.

Comment

LOL.

But I don't think it is blatantly obvious based on some of the conversations I've had with primarily boxing people about MMA ****. Soooooo many guys think Ronda, Conor or some time in the future when Jon Jones legit loses its like Canelo or Floyd losing in boxing (& most of the time Canelo or Floyd losing isn't as severe as people wanna believe that to be either to go off-topic a lil bit, its a competitive sport, nearly everyone who's ever fought has lost & moved on). So if I mistook you for one of those guys my mistake. Its just how you worded Conor taking another L sounded like what one of those guys would say.
                  Fair enough dude. I've tended to watch more mma than boxing the last few years. I can see how you may have mis took the comment. Hopefully my follow up clarified what i meant a bit better. Joe Rogan said it on his podcast. Conor had an unstoppable aura and its been dampened. Another loss he'll be called way over hyped.

Comment

I hope to God McGregor comes in at around 155-160 for this fight.

Go more for the kick to Diaz's front leg and pace himself more.
                    People are saying that Diaz schooled Mcgregor, which is pure BS. McGregor proved his stand-up game was better than Diaz's in that first round but he gassed badly.

He probably thought he could do what RDA did, but just no.

Pace himself, outbox him and avoid going to the ground and McGregor could have it.

Diaz slight favourite though-

Comment

Connors dominance in the first round has been vastly over-estimated by his fans as an excuse, he was wining the exchanges too but he was eating some leather too..

Comment

Working...
                      X