Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bob Arum/Top Rank Working with Showtime?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Arum/Top Rank Working with Showtime?

Rick Glaser just posted this on FB.
    ---------------------------------

This is going to be a huge development in Boxing programming!!! Looks like big happenings with boxing programming at HBO and Showtime are transpiring for the good, the bad, and the indifferent.

Promoter Bob Arum wanted to put Vasyl Lomachenko vs Nick "Axeman" Walters on HBO, no brainer, right! Well, Peter Nelson, the new head of HBO Boxing said no to this great fight. Why, I have no clue why, except for the fact that I'm being told Peter Nelson is not a fan of Bob Arum.

Lomachenko, and especially Walters have been on HBO and HBO PPV a lot, and that should lead up to something big for all parties concerned, including HBO. No, not with Peter Nelson being the head man in charge. Now lets go back to February 7, Super Bowl Sunday, and Bob Arum goes to the Super Bowl as a guest of no other than Les Moonves, the CEO of the CBS Corporation, which owns Showtime.

Now, while Arum is in New York this week promoting Crawford-Lundy on HBO, he meets at one of NYC finest restaurants with Matt Blank, Chairman of Showtime Network, and Stephen Espinoza, head honcho of Showtime Boxing, and a longtime Al Haymon "yes man" Remember, the buck starts and stops at CBS/Showtime with Les Moonves, now Blank and Espinoza dine with Arum, whom Espinoza has been enemies with, as Espinoza has been taking his orders from Haymon for what now seems like an eternity. Then, since their meeting, Espinoza takes to Twitter and Tweets "We've always been open all promoters" which caused a huge chuckle from the most everyone in boxing!

So it looks like Arum and his company Top Rank will be doing business with Showtime, which looks to have Lomachenko-Walters headed in that direction.

I know, everyone is now asking how is this new developing alliance going to effect Espinoza, and Haymon. Well, Espinoza, the jury is still out on his future, may keep his job, or get maybe gets sent to the legal department, as Stephen is an attorney by trade. As for the already under fire Haymon, looks like he maybe getting ousted or no less than "curtailed" at Showtime, or "one upped" by 84 year old Bob Arum, at the behest of one Les Moonves.

If you enjoyed reading this "please share it" with others so they may enjoy it too.

If you have questions, my cell is 716.907.7400.

Dan Rafael also wrote today that Arum met with Blank and Espinoza on Wednesday to pitch the Loma-Walters fight, and the idea of working together.

Will be interesting to see if it happens.

Comment

Arum has been talking about this for a minute, Glazer is late to the party.

Arum wants more money for some of his fighters and with HBOs budget shrinking he's forced to go to other networks. I guarantee HBO didn't simply say "No, we don't want Lomachenko vs Walters" it's about how much HBO is willing to spend compared to how much Arum/his fighers want to get paid. All in all, it's good to be open to various networks and not tied down to one, what we don't want to see is Arum creating another beef. We've seen Arum go to Showtime before, obviously bringing Pacquiao there was the most publicized time, but he tends to do this every 2-3 years and it's always about money.

Comment

Now all the sudden people who hated on Showtime will all the sudden praise them...#networkfanboys

Comment

This looks like a good 2016

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
            Arum has been talking about this for a minute, Glazer is late to the party.

Arum wants more money for some of his fighters and with HBOs budget shrinking he's forced to go to other networks. I guarantee HBO didn't simply say "No, we don't want Lomachenko vs Walters" it's about how much HBO is willing to spend compared to how much Arum/his fighers want to get paid. All in all, it's good to be open to various networks and not tied down to one, what we don't want to see is Arum creating another beef. We've seen Arum go to Showtime before, obviously bringing Pacquiao there was the most publicized time, but he tends to do this every 2-3 years and it's always about money.
            Also Arum is demanding postol be included in the undercard

Comment

Glaser is a hack. He copies info from other reporters and passes them off as his own. When I caught him red handed nicking a story from Chris Mannix he blocked me on Facebook. This story was written about on this website, espn, yahoo and others.

Comment

Good luck to those trying to separate truth from BS from his own (terrible) opinion. Whenever I see someone post something about Stephen Espinoza getting fired or demoted, you lose credibility.

Comment

So Glazer listened to Mike Coppinger podcast and threw in some of his own gossip

Comment

Just because Arum is coming to Showtime doesn't mean they're kicking Haymon out. What a load of crap. Arum doesn't have enough fighters to fill up Showtime's schedule

Comment

Working...
                    X