No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev To Pascal: Thank Referee For Saving Your Life

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dr.french View Post
    This is intriguing. Imagine if Kovalev does manage to kill Pascal in the ring. What repercussions would this have?

It would certainly be very interesting. I guess its only a matter of time until there is a high profile in ring killing of a boxer. Kovalev has killed a boxer before. He could do it again.
    What are they going to convict him of? "He punched the guy too hard in the boxing match"? That's why the ref and the doctors are there,to make sure things like that don't happen.

Comment

Kov is a monster and Pascal might get seriously injured in this fight. He has more cojones than Adonis has that's for sure. To be beaten down like he was despite some of his successes says the man fears nothing.

He was getting a helluva pasting in there and the ref did save his career cuz Kov was going in for the kill on a unprotected Pascal.

For this amount of bravery against one of the hardest punchers in the sport I will gladly go with the upset.

Pascal by KO 6th

Comment

Originally posted by mike1010011 View Post
        What are they going to convict him of? "He punched the guy too hard in the boxing match"? That's why the ref and the doctors are there,to make sure things like that don't happen.
        True. But a high profile public killing could lead the sport to change. Boxing could even be banned. Many boxers are killed in the ring every year. What happens the next time McClellan happens again?

Kovalev has killed before. And he seems determined to kill again. Would they really let him keep fighting if he starts killing multiple people?

Comment

Originally posted by Superbee View Post
          Funny he acknowledges the fight should have gone longer ... So, it would have taken him 3 rounds to finish the job ?...

Also his Q.I. is questionable... The way he puts things in perspective is like a 12 y/o ... Very basic, and I don't talk about his English knowledge...

Poor guy ...
          If it's the interview I saw, when he said finish him with one shot in the 10th or 11th, he meant it could have killed him, he was making the point that accumulation is what hurts fighters.

Originally posted by dr.french View Post
          Kovalev has killed before. And he seems determined to kill again. Would they really let him keep fighting if he starts killing multiple people?
          Last edited by Weebler I; 12-17-2015, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sbeatz View Post
            Big ups to the new website design!!!
            I don't know, I'm not feeling it. Maybe I'm just old, scared of change and mad at these damn kids who keep stepping in my yard.

Comment

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Superbee View Post
              Funny he acknowledges the fight should have gone longer ... So, it would have taken him 3 rounds to finish the job ?... Also his Q.I. is questionable... The way he puts things in perspective is like a 12 y/o ... Very basic, and I don't talk about his English knowledge...

Poor guy ...

Originally posted by robbyheartbaby View Post
              You're a f***ing idiot, his Q.I? You mean I.Q. you knob, he is talking his second language and putting his sentences together fine so f*** off, what a stupid comment.
              Yep. Was gonna say the same. Kov's doing fine. Most here can barely speak English properly, let alone 2 languages. And I don't see how a person can say Kov doesn't speak well. He has a good basic life with his wife and kid, is happy with that, obviously enjoys boxing, is tops in his division, definitely takes his job seriously, and most importantly follows JDJs instructions extremely well. No worries far as I can see.

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
                Kov is a monster and Pascal might get seriously injured in this fight. He has more cojones than Adonis has that's for sure. To be beaten down like he was despite some of his successes says the man fears nothing.

He was getting a helluva pasting in there and the ref did save his career cuz Kov was going in for the kill on a unprotected Pascal.

For this amount of bravery against one of the hardest punchers in the sport I will gladly go with the upset.

Pascal by KO 6th
                Certain things could change matters in favor of Pascal.

Roach could make a difference, sometimes his gameplans work. Postol v Matthysse for example.

That $50,000 bet for Kovalev to get Pascal out under 8 rounds could make Kovalev more reckless.

Kovalev showed some weaknesses in the first fight, they were subtle but they were definitely there and could be exploited further.

Christmas eating affected Kovalev's training camp last time (in March) this fight is even closer to December.

JDJ thinks Pascal is shot, could be an element of complacency and of course, the crowd is behind Pascal.

Still favour SK obviously but nothing is certain in this sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Superbee View Post
                  Funny he acknowledges the fight should have gone longer ... So, it would have taken him 3 rounds to finish the job ?...

Also his Q.I. is questionable... The way he puts things in perspective is like a 12 y/o ... Very basic, and I don't talk about his English knowledge...

Poor guy ...
                  Are you sure you should comment on other people´s "Q.I"?

Comment

Kovalev is a true savage which is why hardly anyone wants a piece of him. Pascal has some serious balls to risk his life not only once, but twice against this guy.

Can't wait for Kovalev vs Ward next year. Hopefully Stevenson grows a pair and fights him after Ward.

Comment

Kovalev is a mean dude. Pascal is making a huge mistake to provoke Kovalev like he is.

Comment

Working...
                      X