No announcement yet.

He's called Money Mayweather for a reason

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    Yes. I made it with a serious intent in mind.

To me it's good to see a fighter being able to go off into the sunset in a prosperous fashion. Instead of needing advances from his promoter or ending up broke.

As long as PBF doesn't piss it away on gambling or what not he should be good.
    Lol, name certainly fits him, theres no1 in this era that comes close. but will he be able to invest this money properly? that remains to be seen.

Comment

lol you know that's what he's going to do.

He is called money mayweather for a reason: he spends all his money!

Comment

Yes. I made it with a serious intent in mind.

To me it's good to see a fighter being able to go off into the sunset in a prosperous fashion. Instead of needing advances from his promoter or ending up broke.

Might as well make a thread saying you're happy for Warren Buffet for making so much money.

I'd understand if you were saying this for a hard working low key fighter, but c'mon man.

Comment

It's good to see him getting paid as he nears the end of his career. If he plays this right....and invests the money properly...he and his children and their children should be able to live comfortably long after he hangs up the gloves.
          He just needs to start respecting his money more. He can't afford to gamble so much, but who knows how well he has invested his money. He may be alright.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
            Might as well make a thread saying you're happy for Warren Buffet for making so much money.

I'd understand if you were saying this for a hard working low key fighter, but c'mon man.
            Floyd works his ass off in training camp and has been the most skilled boxer in the game for years now. He's deserving.

Funny that you mention Warren Buffet. I was going to say that Floyd should hire someone like him to invest his money. To preserve and multiply this little windfall.

Comment

Floyd stay trying to follow in Pac's footsteps

I bet if you did a poll yesterday before saying "which one was better HBO or SHO?" 95% would've voted for HBO

Floyd has no loyalty and Pac will remain the face of HBO

Comment

It seems strange that you say if he plays this right and invests his money he and his children will be set for life. He has already made hugh amounts of money and if he was even a little smart with the money he has already recieved he and his children should be set for life right now. The new money from this deal should just be more money on top of lots of money. Maybe he is set for life right now. He should be.

Comment

Floyd works his ass off in training camp and has been the most skilled boxer in the game for years now. He's deserving.

Funny that you mention Warren Buffet. I was going to say that Floyd should hire someone like him to invest his money. To preserve and multiply this little windfall.
                  Yes, he deserves it, but the appropriate time to congratulate Floyd and making a thread about being happy for him was after the De La Hoya fight. That's when he finally got his just dues. Now you're just congratulating him for being slightly more obscenely rich. That's kind of nuts. It's not as if his family was struggling financially before this Showtime deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                    Floyd stay trying to follow in Pac's footsteps
                    Nope. If Floyd was following Manny he'd be cutting Bob Arum in on a piece of this action.
                    Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 02-19-2013, 03:54 PM.

Comment

He's 35 and signed a 6 fight deal. Either he is going to fight a bunch of bums or he's going to really give us the best fights we want to see.

Comment

Working...
                      X