Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you guys okay with boxers getting more money but less fights and against scrubs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you guys okay with boxers getting more money but less fights and against scrubs?

You guys complain about fighters in other combat sports not getting paid enough but they fight three times a year and against competition relatively equal to their skill level.

What about boxers? They want high six figures, they fight once or twice a year. They want more money against high-profile matchups, then fights fall through. Then they end up fighting scrub instead. Shouldn't Mares be fighting Donaire?

I guess this is how boxing is though. This is what happens when fighters care most about themselves rather than the sport or competition.

Are you guys fine with that? Is this how boxing should be? Fighters renegotiating contracts, asking for big money when they're not stars, fighting twice a year, waiting 6 months or a year for bigger fights that aren't on their skill level, etc?

a fighter should care more about himself.he's taking the damn risk so he should get the reward.its a job a job that can cost you your life.so you should damn well make sure you are compensated.........why should the promoters and mangers who aint risking their lifes get all the money??thats insane

Comment

Money ruins everything. I wish boxers would get UFC type money, then they'd have something to fight for other then money

Comment

Without promoters and managers, fights would never happen because no one would be there to organize it. Who's going to sell the tickets? Who's going to pitch to the network? Who's going to get the sponsors? Who's going to promote the fight and the fighter and build him up?

Fighters can't do it by themselves. I understand the fighters should get the lion's share but asking for more money when you're not a star, who the **** is going to pay you?

I'm not against fighters getting the bigger share of a purse. I'm against fighters pricing themseves out asking for more money when they have no draw power.

Comment

they risk their lives to entertain us.....let them get paid

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            Money ruins everything. I wish boxers would get UFC type money, then they'd have something to fight for other then money
            what else is there to fight for???its their jobs.they do it to get paid..........

Comment

In the UFC, the big-time guys make big-time money, the midcard guys make midcard money, and the low-level scrubs make low-scrub money. And they are all matched up against guys at the same competitive level. When a big name fighter like Jose Aldo fights midcard no-draw Chad Mendes, Mendes doesn't ask for a ****ing a raise, he fights Jose to prove he deserves big time purses.

Comment

Originally posted by decideonsuicide View Post
                In the UFC, the big-time guys make big-time money, the midcard guys make midcard money, and the low-level scrubs make low-scrub money. And they are all matched up against guys at the same competitive level. When a big name fighter like Jose Aldo fights midcard no-draw Chad Mendes, Mendes doesn't ask for a ****ing a raise, he fights Jose to prove he deserves big time purses.
                this is boxing son.not the UFC.wrong forum boxing has been around alot longer and generates more money.go cry somewhere else

Comment

I watch both combat sports but majorly boxing and I would like if it were ran like UFC in certain points.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
                    what else is there to fight for???its their jobs.they do it to get paid..........
                    If you dont know what else there is to fight for i suggest stop living you life by the ***** Bible

Comment

Working...
                    X