Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Fight Prepares Pac/May Best For Eachother?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Fight Prepares Pac/May Best For Eachother?

If Pac & May get pass there next fight and then fight eachother afterwards, which fight do you think better prepares them for eachother? I actually think both are very good. Even if its not to prepare, they are 2 good fights but to prepare they are also 2 good fights.

Ortiz brings the Southpaw style, he's explosive, he's young in a good way & Pac fights young, and he's big. Pac isnt big but Ortiz size will be good preparing Floyd for Pac's unatural power.

On the other side, JMM is by far & away the best pure boxer in boxing next to Floyd. His counter punching, his belief that he can truly beat Pac, his ring IQ, & pinpoint accuracy all are things that Mayweather thrive at so thats great for Pac.

Basically, if they are to fight next, I dont think they could have any better preperation fights for eachother. Again though, they arent tuneups so dont rip me like Im saying that
    Ortiz Prepares Floyd Better For Pac
    86.67%
    JMM Prepares Pac Better For Mayweather
    13.33%

Judging by Marquez's competiveness against Mayweather Jr and physical abilites at the higher weights I don't really think Pac would gain much out of fighting him.

Comment

Styles and stance alone, I'd take Ortiz for MoneyMay as the better prep fight.

Comment

A prime or close to prime JMM at a good weight for him would be better, but neither of those things are the case now. JMM is going to look old, slow, and fat at that weight again and will sadly get crushed. It was better for him for people to have just always debated that he won the first 2 fights instead of getting crushed in fight 3 and allowing homers and uninformed people to just then assume that Pac was always clearly better.

Comment

pacquiao vs. usain bolt

mayweather vs. a coyote

Comment

Marquez's countering, footwork and adaptability are more similar to Maweather than anything Ortiz has to Pac (besides being a southpaw). Ortiz doesn't have Pac's movement, angles and pace, really all he has is he's a fairly quick southpaw.

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
              Marquez's countering, footwork and adaptability are more similar to Maweather than anything Ortiz has to Pac (besides being a southpaw). Ortiz doesn't have Pac's movement, angles and pace, really all he has is he's a fairly quick southpaw.
              For all of JMM's countering and footwork he is still exceedingly easy to hit. Floyd is as difficult to hit cleanly as any fighter I have ever seen. Also JMM even in his prime never had amazing hand speed, while Floyd does.

Comment

I don't think either Ortiz or Marquez can prepare either guy enough to what they'll inevitably face if and when that fight ever happens. Sure, Ortiz is a hard hitting southpaw and Marquez is a counter puncher with a great boxing IQ. The problem is, neither guy is Manny Pacquiao or Floyd Mayweather, otherwise we'd be talking about Ortiz and Marquez in their own right.

Comment

If Marquez was in hisprime it would be 50-50 but right now the edge goes to Floyd

Comment

Working...
                  X