Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dan Rafeal writes extension with ESPN!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't hate him or like him. He seems kinda smug though. The only trait I do actually like about him is his willingness to talk good or badly about fighters. That is doing his job. They should not be put on a pedestal. They are here to entertain the paying customer. If they fail to entertain they should be told as such.

I don't care if Dan is fat or skinny.
    I don't care if he hurts a fighters or their fans feelings.
    I don't care that he does not put his life on the line or ever stepped foot in the ring.

His job is not to kiss ass. He is a reporter. He is supposed to give his views. If I wanted to see ass kissing I would just concentrate on listening to fanboys.
    Last edited by deanrw; 02-02-2016, 12:18 PM.

Comment

He is supposedly a professional writer and he literally put in his wish list ON ESPN'S WEBSITE that one of his wishes for 2016 is for Adrien Broner to "grow up," and then posted a video of Maidana putting a beating on Broner when Broner wrote back. Who the **** is he to beef with a ****ing fighter?? I wish Broner would just take the misdemeanor charge and smack Dan in his fat face next time he sees him. He'd make me a fan for life.

Like, are you ****ing kidding me? It isn't Broner's job to be nice to the press. He ****ing punches people for a living. It is Dan's job to at least act like a professional writer.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
        He is supposedly a professional writer and he literally put in his wish list ON ESPN'S WEBSITE that one of his wishes for 2016 is for Adrien Broner to "grow up," and then posted a video of Maidana putting a beating on Broner when Broner wrote back. Who the **** is he to beef with a ****ing fighter?? I wish Broner would just take the misdemeanor charge and smack Dan in his fat face next time he sees him. He'd make me a fan for life.

Like, are you ****ing kidding me? It isn't Broner's job to be nice to the press. He ****ing punches people for a living. It is Dan's job to at least act like a professional writer.
        As you said, it is his job to act like a professional but constantly pushes the athletes away from ESPN. That's far from a good Journalist. The fact is, a Journalist isn't supposed to be bias, but that is all we see from FatDan. Maybe the concept of being an unBias journalist only works with "real" journalism.

Comment

He's too unprofessional. People always question why boxing is waning in popularity but it shouldn't surprise anyone when the people covering the sport fail to respect it as a sport.

Comment

The real TMT. Heard it was upwards of 3 trillion. Respect.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
              I don't hate him or like him. He seems kinda smug though. The only trait I do actually like about him is his willingness to talk good or badly about fighters. That is doing his job. They should not be put on a pedestal. They are here to entertain the paying customer. If they fail to entertain they should be told as such.

I don't care if Dan is fat or skinny.
              I don't care if he hurts a fighters or their fans feelings.
              I don't care that he does not put his life on the line or ever stepped foot in the ring.

His job is not to kiss ass. He is a reporter. He is supposed to give his views. If I wanted to see ass kissing I would just concentrate on listening to fanboys.
              What you just stated is the problem with him as a journalist/analyst. A journalist is supposed to not be bias but report the facts, and not your views. Atleast in the aspect of "Real" journalism. I don't find his articles, to be articles but his views and some facts. I wanna hear facts, not his bias and moronic views on fighters. His views are that of a fanboy and not a journalist.

Comment

ESPN doesnt really follow boxing and i dont follow fat dan

Comment

Always viewed him in a humorous light, you don't need to take him serious. Don't read his articles anyway.

Comment

Unless you want someone who doesn't watch the sport of boxing to cover the news this is what you're going to get. He's obviously a fan of the sport and he's going to give his opinion. As long as those opinion stay in editorials and opinion pieces he's okay.

A lot of you guys are upset that he doesn't lick the taint of your favorite fighters and that upsets you.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
                      What you just stated is the problem with him as a journalist/analyst. A journalist is supposed to not be bias but report the facts, and not your views. Atleast in the aspect of "Real" journalism. I don't find his articles, to be articles but his views and some facts. I wanna hear facts, not his bias and moronic views on fighters. His views are that of a fanboy and not a journalist.
                      He does state facts, but almost all fighters out there also deserve criticism. Too many journalists suck up to them. There are problems with this sport and they should be addressed.

Comment

Working...
                      X