Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing is hard to sell as it is. Lara and Rigo do it to themselves.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing is hard to sell as it is. Lara and Rigo do it to themselves.

Boxing is hard to promote as it is as it's no longer mainstream. People want excitement, they want KO's. What they don't want to see is excess running or clinching. What Rigo and Lara fans don't realize is that they do it to themselves in terms of not being able to get big fights. Lara had his chance against Canelo and ran the whole fight. I understand the sweet science aspect but he straight up ran. If Rigo was more offensive minded instead of holding anytime he thinks he's gonna get hit he would get big fights. That's why he is fighting in Japan with his boring style. I don't justify people ducking these dudes but part of them are to blame. No one wants to see a boring fight.

Originally posted by mortal7 View Post
    Boxing is hard to promote as it is as it's no longer mainstream. People want excitement, they want KO's. What they don't want to see is excess running or clinching. What Rigo and Lara fans don't realize is that they do it to themselves in terms of not being able to get big fights. Lara had his chance against Canelo and ran the whole fight. I understand the sweet science aspect but he straight up ran. If Rigo was more offensive minded instead of holding anytime he thinks he's gonna get hit he would get big fights. That's why he is fighting in Japan with his boring style. I don't justify people ducking these dudes but part of them are to blame. No one wants to see a boring fight.
    While fans of both guys, I agree with you. However on the other side of the coin guys like Santa Cruz will never be #1 without fighting Rigo. Take all the money fights you want but know you're still not the best.

Comment

Rigondeaux has been exciting lately so......

Comment

I wouldn't class Rigo's last fight in Japan as boring at all. Nor would i call him a runner.

Comment

Rigo does not run at all..and is far from boring

Comment

Originally posted by mortal7 View Post
            You forgot to mention Lomechenko..

When he's not running he's usually clinching.

Comment

People wanna see **** like Mike Tyson taking guys heads off. Why do you think he was so popular? look at andre ward, no casuals give two fuks about him as talented as he is

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                Rigo does not run at all..and is far from boring
                Is that why he got kicked off hbo?

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
                  While fans of both guys, I agree with you. However on the other side of the coin guys like Santa Cruz will never be #1 without fighting Rigo. Take all the money fights you want but know you're still not the best.
                  Since you agree with him..

Does Lomechenko run and hold too much?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Pepper View Post
                    You forgot to mention Lomechenko..

When he's not running he's usually clinching.
                    The thing about him though is he's a volume puncher so he can get away with it. If his punch output was low it would be more obvious.

Comment

Working...
                    X