Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nonbiased accurate look at Floyd's resume.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nonbiased accurate look at Floyd's resume.

First thing I want to say is that Im not a f.lomo. I used to ride for Floyd and truly felt that Pac was ducking him until he demanded 100% of the revenue. After the Cotto fight, this fool said, 'Take The test' in front of millions of people when everyone knew that at that point the money, and not the test, was the issue.

However, I have grown to let that slide from the Ghost fight to the Canelo fight.

The way he beat them made me feel that ducking Pacman wont blind me, or anyone from all of these masterful performances. There is NO FIGHTER IN HISTORY that can take his resume, and make the adjustments needed in order to dominate them all without being grazed. What are you going to say? 'Der they would knock them out in one round'?

Well take their power away, could they make poetry out of these opponents like Floyd does? No fighter in history could do it, and based off of skills alone I think Flolyd may be the greatest most skilled fighter in the history of professional pugilism.

As far as him ducking, I only give him credit for ducking Pacman. One fighter.

He structured his career to get two money fights with Oscar and Gatti. He went directly to Oscar and Gatti, and people who hate him accused him of ducking ten or twenty fighters who were in between. Not cool at all. He retired after Oscar NOT to duck a bunch of easy fights, but because he felt that after fighting Oscar he had got everything he set out to get. Around that time he said he didnt even love boxing anymore. I think his best wins are JMM, Ortiz who was 164lbs and 24 yrs old, Mosley who at that time was coming off a great win, Ghost who he changed his entire style in order to beat, and Canelo who I felt was too big for him. It was a bonus fight, and he walked that giant down. Cotto was shot when Floyd fought him. He was destroyed by Pac and Margarita, and was coming off an unimpressive victory over a shot Margarita. Oscar was old and he was a money fight to me.

I remember when Ortiz beat Berto, he was number 2 at ww and was the best, strongest, most prime guy out there. Jim Lampley said no one at ww would fight him. Then when Floyd chose him, he said that Floyd was fighting him because he didnt throw any jabs at Berto, as if a jab is going to run Floyd away.

Floyd has BLATANTLY fought the absolute BEST at Golden boy at the time he fought them. But detractors pretend to ignore that and instead OVERexaggerrate about him picking them for a reason. When in actuallity, those opinions didnt matter. Because they were the BEST at the company at the time he fought them.

I feel that most people dont even know boxing, and dont base their fight predictions on any fight math. Instead base their predictions on hype; "Floyd is going to win because he's Floyd" "Ghost is going to lose because he's goofy, lame, and no one like that would beat Floyd"

Most people thought he would be shoulder rolling and countering Ghost on the inside. I knew it would be impossible, because Ghost is not the brawler you all marked him off as. He's a tall tactical pressure swarmer. His punches are long and too close together. Floyd clinched BOTH his arms on the inside 100% of the time they got close. He did that to take away the very thing I thought would cause Floyd problems. Floyd normally shoulder rolls on the inside, and I didnt know that he was smart enough to realize Ghosts inside game was a problem. Not only that, but Floyd used footwork to neutralize his height and longness. I didnt know he still had footwork. I didnt see ANY boxing writers, or any posters talk about those small adjustments he made. Because he has NEVER fought like that his entire career. After the fight, pretend-fans claimed, 'I knew it would play out like this. I knew Floyd would win'

The Ghost fight was boring as hell. Floyd threw two slow right hands a round and ran around the ring. But it impressed me how he changed his entire style to compensate for Ghost's awkwardness. He fights all of these different fighters and styles, and completely changes his style in order to dominate them all without being grazed. No fighter in history could do this. NONE.

Floyd is the only fighter in history that is truly BORN to box. SRL started boxing at 16 as a hobby and ended up being good at it. While Floyd was born into a boxing family and could naturally run 3 to 4 miles at the age of SEVEN.

SRL was washed up at 30 and lacked discipline and was a dopehead. Floyd is the only fighter in history to be in his prime at 37, and is programmed to be BEYOND discipline. I have never seen a fighter with this type of work ethic. Without boxing SRL is alright. Without boxing Floyd is doomed. Floyd is only built to box. He's not even built to function in the real world without it.

You had fighters like ALI who was washed up at 37 and losing to Spinks who only had seven fights.

I dont care if he ducked Pacman or not, thats not going to blind me from all this other stuff. Skills, dedication, versitility etc.

I guarantee you this, Floyd will be fighting in his PRIME at the age of 40 and older. When he retires he will have nothing to live for. Then he will just keep returning to the sport. No trolls please, I just want thoughts from nonbiased people only. Because when you start being HONEST About Floyd you may end up saying something you dont want to say; That he is the most SKILLED fighter in the HISTORY of fighting, in ALL.
    Last edited by MurkaMan; 03-27-2014, 08:14 PM.

That is the least biased suck off of a fighter I've Ever seen

Great thread

Comment

It's like a kinda code - any thread with the word 'unbiased' in the title should only ever be read for humour value.

Comment

yes after the oscar fight he DID duck top WWs. he pulled a jww hatton to ww. then after coming back from vacation he fought jmm, what a joke of a comeback fight. meanwhile during his vacation, top welters in cotto tony clottey mosley and pac were slugging it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          That is the least biased suck off of a fighter I've Ever seen

Great thread
          Thanks. You dont even have to be biased to look at all of the facts to admit this may be the most skilled creature in the sport. But you have to be GREATLY biased to ignore the facts and say all of the trash these posters say. Floyd is truly a once in a lifetime specimen. I think I may change the thread title in order to get more people to come in, and realize that Im right lol

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
            It's like a kinda code - any thread with the word 'unbiased' in the title should only ever be read for humour value.
            You must be upset that I was able to literrally prove that he is the best fighter in history. You cant argue with anything I said. At all.

Comment

damn that was a great post,100 percent accurate

Comment

Originally posted by Twako View Post
                yes after the oscar fight he DID duck top WWs. he pulled a jww hatton to ww. then after coming back from vacation he fought jmm, what a joke of a comeback fight. meanwhile during his vacation, top welters in cotto tony clottey mosley and pac were slugging it out.
                Fighting one fight with Hatton, is him ducking a bunch of easy fights? And please dont just respond to him retiring, respond to the whole thing. You cant because what Im saying is real. Their will never be another fighter like this.

Comment

I didn't even read it

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                    damn that was a great post,100 percent accurate
                    Thanks. And Im here saying it loud to everyone; YES HE DUCKED PAC.

Comment

Working...
                    X