No announcement yet.

All goldenboy does is mistmatches

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All goldenboy does is mistmatches

If any of their stars are fighting... we know it will be a mismatch. Don't get me wrong they put on some good fights, but only with the guys they don't care about... maidana vs lopez, peterson vs matthysse, watch none of these guys will ever get any of their stars like garcia, khan, broner etc.

That's why they're on a second rate network Showtime lol

Comment

Originally posted by WarMaidana View Post
      If any of their stars are fighting... we know it will be a mismatch. Don't get me wrong they put on some good fights, but only with the guys they don't care about... maidana vs lopez, peterson vs matthysse, watch none of these guys will ever get any of their stars like garcia, khan, broner etc.
      Peterson already fought Khan and it was in DC. The winner of Khan-Peterson is suppose to fight Garcia next if he beats Zab. They cant back out of that now. Khan also fought Maidana. Canelo is fighting Trout in a couple of weeks. Mares vs PDL is very dangerous

Comment

What a stupid thread.

Khan-Maidana
        Maidana-Ortiz
        Garcia-Khan
        Peterson-Khan
        Alexander-Maidana

GBP isn't afraid of putting it's prospects/future stars in tough fights.

Comment

what they're putting now is totally mismatch, that's why HBO is done with them

Comment

There is not much sadder on this forum than people whose fanboyism has transferred to promotional companies and most recently, tv networks.

Comment

i think what you mean to say is gbp favors some of their fighters over others. i do believe that statement to be true. at the lower weights (118/122) it's santa cruz and mares. at 135, it's broner. at 140, it's garcia and khan. at 147, i would say it's alexander. at 154, it's def alvarez. at 160, all they got is quillin i think. it is what it is, they're making peterson/matthysse and alvarez/trout, which means they're giving their overlooked guys (matthysse and trout) the big fights. i wish they would've made malignaggi/maidana though. he should've got that title shot instead of broner.

Comment

Originally posted by x2sasa View Post
                what they're putting now is totally mismatch, that's why HBO is done with them
                HBO is done with them because GBP has been doing a lot of business with Showtime and have lost the biggest star in boxing, whom while not being under contract with GBP uses them for all his fights.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
                  i think what you mean to say is gbp favors some of their fighters over others. i do believe that statement to be true. at the lower weights (118/122) it's santa cruz and mares. at 135, it's broner. at 140, it's garcia and khan. at 147, i would say it's alexander. at 154, it's def alvarez. at 160, all they got is quillin i think. it is what it is, they're making peterson/matthysse and alvarez/trout, which means they're giving their overlooked guys (matthysse and trout) the big fights. i wish they would've made malignaggi/maidana though. he should've got that title shot instead of broner.
                  there is no way Maidana deserves that shot, not even over Broner

Comment

Where is this myth coming from and why do people keep talking about it?

Comment

Working...
                    X