Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Guarantee that Floyd vs Marquez will reach close to or slightly over 1 million buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the 24/7 and all the publicity this thing is getting.....I'd say around 600,000 to 650,000.

They should've hyped the under card more.

Comment

I doubt it'll reach 1M, maybe around 400k - 500k buys.

Comment

450k for marquez-pacquiao 2....you can count on at least the amount of mexicans who ordered that fight(lets say half the promotion, judgin by pacquiao's dismal numbers for his previous and following fights) to get Numero Uno.........and mayweather can do 350k easy by himself(baldomir anyone?-judah post baldomir anyone?).......thats almost 600k.........24/7-HBO GBP hype will get this at least 800k.......theaters may be the ones to hurt the PPV though........a million is too much to ask...

Comment

Well when I said close to a million, I meant 800-1,000k range.

Comment

Originally posted by mikedb1984 View Post
            Well when I said close to a million, I meant 800-1,000k range.
            Where do you and your sister work by the way? City/State?

Comment

Originally posted by mikedb1984 View Post
              I know haters will come in here and flame, but this isn't me just bull****ting or throwing stuff out there. My girlfriend and my sister both work for Directv (at different locations) and they keep telling me everyday about the amount of people talking about the fight or calling in about ordering the fight. At school, everyday I hear groups of people talking about the fight, and I haven't seen a fight get this much buzz since Oscar vs Floyd. Even when I running around town all this week Ive heard people talk about this fight everywhere Ive went. Don't be surprised when this is the highest selling fight since Oscar vs Floyd.

BTW this is coming from someone who dislikes Floyd. And while I slightly dislike, my sister and my girlfriend can't stand him and are annoyed by it at work. Only mentioning that to let people know I'm not a Floyd nuthugger... but someone just keeping it real.
              it won't do over 1 million

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                it won't do over 1 million

I agree but what do you think Pac/Cotto will do.

Comment

Thinking about it, this is going to be near the million mark.

Comment

Originally posted by BERNIE'S CORNER View Post
                    I agree but what do you think Pac/Cotto will do.
                    better the floyd/jmm

Comment

I hope it does a mil and then Pac-Cotto does a mil. Then the winner of those fights can break the record for most PPV buys EVER!

Comment

Working...
                      X