Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Mosley protected as a Lightweight...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    Honestly, the lightweight division was pretty weak when shane was there,,

would have loved to seen him at lightweight in the early 2000s with corrales, castillo, casamoyer, spadafora, floyd, lazcano, diaz, etc...

Shane, much like hopkins at MW was stuck in a weak division in the late 90s
    Both weak eras but atleast Hopkins fought ranked fighters.

Mosley only fought one and the one he fought Philip Holiday he struggled with.

Comment

Mosley was an outstanding talent at LW and h2h he's a killer but his body of work doesn't stand up

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
        Yeah....One truly should tread on that comparison.....Lightly. Duran was a complete fighter. Her had natural abilities in spades and...He had power and a chin that was superior to Mosley. Duran also was smarter in the ring, had a killer instinct, and though Mosley did fight good competition, Duran fought the best competition.

I always thought of Mosley like Judah as a guy with great natural gifts....an exceptional athlete more than a fighter in many respects. But that is a biase of mine.
        agreed except the Judah part, Mosley managed to do his natural gifts justice, Judah never truly did.

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        The "power boxing" Shane Mosley at lightweight was definitely something to behold. Blazingly fast hands and a hard puncher with terrific body work.

His resume is lacking but I don't see anyone around at the time who I would have picked to beat him with the exception of a young Mayweather. And even that would have been a toss up fight IMO, with maybe Floyd's superior boxing IQ allowing him to pull out a close win in the end.
        how do you think Mayweather put up a competitive fight is beyond me. When Mosley won his title at lightweight, Mayweather was at super featherweight. That Mosley would have steam rolled through the so called TBE. Even Mosley circa 2002 at welterweight would have battered May, I think he'd beat him at any point before 2007. It wouldn't even be competitive down the stretch.

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Both weak eras but atleast Hopkins fought ranked fighters.

Mosley only fought one and the one he fought Philip Holiday he struggled with.
        Good points, Hops was in a some what weak MW division but he beat a tonne of titlists and ranked contenders, Mosley had one truly top level fight. But in terms of natural gifts, Mosley was far better.

Comment

The lightweight division wasn't good back then. He could've fought Stevie Johnston, Manfredy, Gatti, or Ivan Robinson, but there wasn't much else. I would've loved to see him fight Spadafora, but Spaddy was irrelevant until he beat Cardona the latter part of 99' and by then Shane was preparing to move up to welter and chase Oscar.

Comment

Working...
          X