Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Kovalev blatant duck to avoid the unification of all LHW championship belts.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    1 50/50 of what... 5 million, 10 million, 50/50 of what.. The original purse bid was for a 50/50 split so if new 50/50 offer from duva was that great, they would have won a purse bid, and this fight would have happened already

2 and 3. So,,,, stevenson has a multi fight deal with Haymon and PBC .. They are both tied up, that's why it should have gone to purse bid and let the best 50/50 offer win

4. I can agree to a certain extent, but stevenson can sellout in Canada.. He is a legit draw there, especially if it's a big fight..

A purse bid, especially a unique one where its 50/50like they had, would have cleared up everything, and given the biggest payday to both guys..
    This post is so naiive

If Kovalevs team could have easily won the purse bid, you know Team Adonis would have vacated just because hes contractually bound to PBC. The same reason why Kovalev would turn down a fight if its not on HBO

Boxing is a business, sadly. Why isnt that getting through to you?

Pretty sure both would love the opportunity to fight for the undisputed title, if it didnt interfere with their long term network relationships. Its a very risky fight for both. The one thing I never understood is why Stevenson signed with Haymon in the first place. Kovalev/Hopkins arent going to PBC, pretty sure Pascal is HBO (could be wrong). What were his plans under Haymon?

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
      This post is so naiive

If Kovalevs team could have easily won the purse bid, you know Team Adonis would have vacated just because hes contractually bound to PBC. The same reason why Kovalev would turn down a fight if its not on HBO

Boxing is a business, sadly. Why isnt that getting through to you?

Pretty sure both would love the opportunity to fight for the undisputed title, if it didnt interfere with their long term network relationships. Its a very risky fight for both. The one thing I never understood is why Stevenson signed with Haymon in the first place. Kovalev/Hopkins arent going to PBC, pretty sure Pascal is HBO (could be wrong). What were his plans under Haymon?

Lmao..

You can't make hypothetical "what ifs" to prove your arguement, by saying stevenson would have backed out and been stripped. He may have, he may not, either way it doesn't change the fact that in reality it was kovolev's team that backed away..

Why in the world would Stevenson have to take this new deal from duva??? what good does it do for him???

Comment

Kovalev is the bigger draw.

Kovalev-Mohammedi: 1.014M.
        Stevenson-Karpency: 581K.

Kovalev-Pascal: 1.152M.
        Stevenson-Bika: 1.37M.

Kovalev-Hopkins: 1.397M.
        Stevenson-Sukhotsky: 323K.

Kovalev-Caparello: 990K.
        Stevenson-Fonfara: 800K.
        Last edited by VG_Addict; 10-22-2015, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Yaaaawwwwwn..wake me up when the fight is made

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
            What really sucks is that most (me included) think that Kovalev is the better fighter and both are fighting about the same level of opposition lately but Stevenson is making a ton more money.
            Stevenson's purse in Sept was $750K. Kovalev made $750K in June.

Comment

Working...
            X