No announcement yet.

UFC 183 - The return of Anderson Silva

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC 183 - The return of Anderson Silva

Anderson Silva is the greatest MMA fighter of all-time. He has nothing to prove, we all know what he is capable of. Although it's not unreasonable to wonder if Silva's timing might be off as well, given the long layoff. His return will also be a huge psychological challenge.

I don't know what to expect from Silva in this one. He has more tools than Diaz, he's stronger than him, bigger than him and possesses greater knockout power. So, by all accounts, Anderson Silva should take care of Nick Diaz pretty handily. However, Nick is a very skilled boxer, who is incredibly difficult to knockout or submit and he also has ****ing amazing cardio.
    Last edited by Jay Volcano; 01-29-2015, 04:24 PM.

Silva should have this one in the bag by 1st or 2nd rd stoppage, think silva-sonnen 2 type fight where it's gonna be the knees of silva that is the difference maker..

But the longer the fight goes, it favors diaz, as silva may be aged enough that he could fade and diaz could take over like he did vs bj penn...

I think those are the 2 scenarios most likely to happen

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Volcano View Post

Anderson Silva is the greatest MMA fighter of all-time. He has nothing to prove, we all know what he is capable of. Although it's not unreasonable to wonder if Silva's timing might be off as well, given the long layoff. His return will also be a huge psychological challenge.

I don't know what to expect from Silva in this one. He has more tools than Diaz, he's stronger than him, bigger than him and possesses greater knockout power. So, by all accounts, Anderson Silva should take care of Nick Diaz pretty handily. However, Nick is a very skilled boxer, who is incredibly difficult to knockout or submit and he also has ****ing amazing cardio.
      Nick isn't a boxer. He is a striker.

Comment

Didn't Silva get beat up twice by the same guy in a row?

Comment

Everybody will be watching this, fans and haters as well. Love him or hate him, the man brings the excitement before and during his fights. I'm just happy every fight he still has at this point.

As far as the matchup goes, on paper this should be the easiest type of opponent for Silva. If he has any sort of trouble I'll know how much he is past it at this point.

Comment

I can't help but wonder how the injury and layoff will affect the 39 year old Silva. Diaz can really never be underestimated and he's only 31 years old and has been healthy all this time. He also maintains his conditioning by doing Ironman completions as a hobby...although I'm really not sure how active he has been with that recently.

The type of soft tissue damage that happens when a leg wraps in 2 like that is pretty brutal and hard to recover from.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              Silva should have this one in the bag by 1st or 2nd rd stoppage, think silva-sonnen 2 type fight where it's gonna be the knees of silva that is the difference maker..

But the longer the fight goes, it favors diaz, as silva may be aged enough that he could fade and diaz could take over like he did vs bj penn...

I think those are the 2 scenarios most likely to happen
              Originally posted by led View Post
              Nick isn't a boxer. He is a striker.
              God this thread hurts my god damn head.

1. How is it a Silva - Sonnen 2 kind of fight when in that fight Sonnen LNPd the first round and then threw a wild spinning back fist before getting stopped? When will Diaz LNP or throw a wild spinning backfist?

2. Diaz is not a striker he's a boxer. When has Diaz ever thrown a kick or knee?

Silva is the best striker in MMA history and will prove it by obliterating Diaz with kicks and counter punches.

Comment

If Silva can't beat Diaz he should retire or else he'll just tarnish his legacy.

Comment

I've always liked watching Diaz fight but this one is a mismatch. Silva is too big, too fast, too strong and too skilled. I'm guessing Diaz took the fight only for the money and will retire again after the fight. For Silva - it's opens the door for another crack at getting the belt back.

Comment

Silva has no chance of getting belt back Christ he lost everyround against Chris in both fights was dropped in both fights and was losing stand up battle

Comment

Working...
                    X