No announcement yet.

Past prime double standard (Cotto)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Past prime double standard (Cotto)

All this talk about Martinez being past his prime with no mention of Cotto's past is silly. EVerybody seems to want to forget about a year and a half ago when everybody thought Cotto was finished after Trout beat him?

The man has taken an incredible amount of punishment in his career. Torres, Margarito especially, Pacquiao etc. These were brutal fights that usually end a fighter's career, and he has taken many shots in many other fights too. The fact that he's still here at this level mentally and physically is a credit to him as a certified HOF'er.

'But Martinez from a few years ago...' well who is to say that he would not face plant against prime Cotto who was last seen in 2008? And if he had moved up in weight earlier etc. The possibilities are endless and so are the excuses of Martinez fans.

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
    All this talk about Martinez being past his prime with no mention of Cotto's past is silly. EVerybody seems to want to forget about a year and a half ago when everybody thought Cotto was finished after Trout beat him?

The man has taken an incredible amount of punishment in his career. Torres, Margarito especially, Pacquiao etc. These were brutal fights that usually end a fighter's career, and he has taken many shots in many other fights too. The fact that he's still here at this level mentally and physically is a credit to him as a certified HOF'er.

'But Martinez from a few years ago...' well who is to say that he would not face plant against prime Cotto who was last seen in 2008? And if he had moved up in weight earlier etc. The possibilities are endless and so are the excuses of Martinez fans.
    More reason to believe he wasn't plastered vs Margarito.

Comment

Sergio is way more gone than cotto tho

Comment

Lol exactly! I've been hearing Cotto's is damaged goods since 2008!!!!

Comment

Cotto is past prime also but he has two good legs. Which actually matters in a 12 round fight believe it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
            Lol exactly! I've been hearing Cotto's is damaged goods since 2008!!!!
            That is a beautiful avatar.

Comment

There's a big difference between "past prime and slowing down a bit" (Cotto) and "legally disabled and shouldn't be allowed to fight ever again" (Martinez)

Comment

Originally posted by Lebanon View Post
                "legally disabled and shouldn't be allowed to fight ever again" (Martinez)
                Martinez fanboys are getting to some really pathetic levels. lol, I get it, you guys are traumatised but try to keep it together.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
                  Martinez fanboys are getting to some really pathetic levels. lol, I get it, you guys are traumatised but try to keep it together.
                  Dude you're the pathetic one, not everybody is a fanboy of the other fighter. Grow up and use ur tiny brain.

You guys probably work at Taco Bell and never have to think.

Comment

Originally posted by bopbopbbe View Post
                    Dude you're the pathetic one, not everybody is a fanboy of the other fighter. Grow up and use ur tiny brain.

You guys probably work at Taco Bell and never have to think.
                    I'm pathetic? You guys are saying stuff like Martinez was legally crippled without joking, claiming that corruption was going on when it came to clearing Martinez for the fight so you even stooped to conspiracy theories, and yet I'm pathetic. LOL.

Comment

Working...
                    X