Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao didn't have a problem making 154?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
    I have other sources that say Pac was 153 before he fought DLH and Cotto. Are those writers also lying on Pac?

How big was Margarito 30 days before he fought Pac?
    Well let's see those sources, I'm not saying they were lying, I just want to see it verified.

I don't know how big Margarito was 30 days before, all I know is that Sergio was a cruiser weight (over 175 lbs) a month before his fight at JMW.

Comment

Well, I had a bold prediction going into this year that either Pac or Floyd would fight and beat Martinez. Still early enough that I'll stick by it.

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooChild View Post
        Well let's see those sources, I'm not saying they were lying, I just want to see it verified.

I don't know how big Margarito was 30 days before, all I know is that Sergio was a cruiser weight (over 175 lbs) a month before his fight at JMW.
        I already provided one link for you. You're going to have to put in some kind of work to find the others.

Secondly, if you don't know how big Margarito was 30 days before or the night of the fight against Pac, why refer to Sergio? Now if I show you that Margarito is indeed bigger 30 days before and on fight night than Sergio, wouldn't that make your point silly?

Comment

I already provided one link for you. You're going to have to put in some kind of work to find the others.
          What? Why should I, you're the one making the claim. The only link you brought was a writer saying that with no reference on his part. If you don't want to back it up then fine.

Secondly, if you don't know how big Margarito was 30 days before or the night of the fight against Pac, why refer to Sergio? Now if I show you that Margarito is indeed bigger 30 days before and on fight night than Sergio, wouldn't that make your point silly?
          Not really, the fact that a guy doesn't want to move up to a division where guys are walking around at Cruiser Weight isn't silly at all. He tried it, said that it wasn't for him and that's that.

Comment

If there are people that really & I mean really believe Pacman would beat Martinez at 154, then I have only 1 question for them.

Why did Pacman choose Cotto, but refuse to fight him over a mannyweight of 148?? That's all I wanna know.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Well, I had a bold prediction going into this year that either Pac or Floyd would fight and beat Martinez. Still early enough that I'll stick by it.
              Floyd has maybe a 40% chance at winning, Pacman has none,zero, nada, ziltch

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooChild View Post
                What? Why should I, you're the one making the claim. The only link you brought was a writer saying that with no reference on his part. If you don't want to back it up then fine.

Not really, the fact that a guy doesn't want to move up to a division where guys are walking around at Cruiser Weight isn't silly at all. He tried it, said that it wasn't for him and that's that.
                1. Why should I show you the link if you're going to do nothing more than discredit the author?

2. The bolded is fine. I don't have a problem with that. Just tell his fans (if that includes you), stop with the folk hero, greek mythology character, and Demi-God like tales/comparison's everyday if he's not willing to do what guy's like Duran, Mayweather and Robinson have already done multiple times (i.e fighting guys 20 lb's bigger multiple times). Put simply, Pac shouldn't be included in the same conversation/comparison to the guys I mentioned if he's not willing to do that.

That's all, I have no problem with that. But I don't get how guys can continue to put him on this great pedistile, when his fan base get's defensive when you ask the former junior middleweight champion to fight a legit junior middleweight champion. It sounds like you don't think he's a legit former junior middle weight champion?

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  Floyd has maybe a 40% chance at winning, Pacman has none,zero, nada, ziltch
                  that's my gimmick bro

Comment

1. Why should I show you the link if you're going to do nothing more than discredit the author?
                    When did I discredit your source, all I asked was where did he get his information. He made a statement without a reference or a quote, I'm not saying he's lying but I'd like to see where got it from that's all

2. The bolded is fine. I don't have a problem with that. Just tell his fans (if that includes you), stop with the folk hero, greek mythology character, and Demi-God like tales/comparison's everyday if he's not willing to do what guy's like Duran, Mayweather and Robinson have already done multiple times (i.e fighting guys 20 lb's bigger multiple times). Put simply, Pac shouldn't be included in the same conversation/comparison to the guys I mentioned if he's not willing to do that.
                    I think you take this board a little too seriously, the 2 camps on boxingscene post a lot of outrageous things and it's mostly to get a rise out of the other camp. It looks like you're falling for it.

That's all, I have no problem with that. But I don't get how guys can continue to put him on this great pedistile, when his fan base get's defensive when you ask the former junior middleweight champion to fight a legit junior middleweight champion. It sounds like you don't think he's a legit former junior middle weight champion?
                    Nah, that "8th division title" was BS

Comment

for those who claim Manny's 8th title is b.s., one thing is for sure is this: His title at JMW is more legit than Sergio's.....that's for sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X