Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The scorecards was already filled out

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      oh stfu you don't even know what that mean and answer the question.

You're telling me that bigger, more pronounced punches should count more than defense, more punches, accurate punches and faster punches. It's no different to Taylor having his face rearranged yet being ahead on points...but you must have seen Chavez winning by a mile with your own definition of how a fight should be scored.

facial damage is not the only kind of damage.

another straw man

Comment

• Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
        It's more fans inability to see past it for me. I guess some of these guys haven't been around boxing as long as I have, and they rely on the "experts" to show them the way. I just find the whole thing immensely frustrating, because of the politics and yeah as I said Cotto was going to get jobbed regardless. It just so turns out that most people had Canelo winning close just as I did, but could have easily seen it a draw. That shouldn't take away from the fact that the scorecards were awful, and they should be looked at. The 119-109 and 118-110 were as bad as other fights were a fighter seemed to have got robbed.

Just looking around all the major websites the scorecard I have seen most often is 115-113 Canelo. FYI for all the people saying press row had it mostly wide for Canelo.
        This.

I'm a hardcore Cotto fan and I had Canelo winning by 2 rounds and one of those could have easily gone for Cotto as well.

Most pro-boxers had it 1-2 rounds either way.

Fat Dan had it even by 10rds.

and so on!

For those saything that Cotto took a beat down they are delusional.

If a prime Canelo, with 20lb advantage and his presumed "monster power" could not stoppd a 35 year old Cotto, who is well passed prime....then a prime Cotto would have destroyed Canelo.

Comment

Working...
        X