No announcement yet.

Canelo needs a new trainer.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigsmoothh View Post
    yeah i understand what you mean by that, but however ive seen that canelos speed and power shots are more refined. If canelo and ggg would exchange shots i wouldnt be suprised if canelo outguns ggg either. Canelos age, experience, strength, would imo be the difference...
    Canelo was loading up too much, and not letting off smooth combinations. I get that Cotto is a tricky fighter, and he didn't wanna get caught with the left hook, but what about when he fights GGG? Is he gonna be even more gun shy, and only throw 1 punch at a time, because he's scare of G's power?

oh, and Nelo's stamina is super wack.

And GGG throws power in bunches, and all his shots are deadly accurate. Plus, just based on styles, I think GGG is gonna walk him down, and make it a phone booth fight. No one at MW beats him in a phone booth fight.

Comment

big cotto fan here..props to canelo i didnt think he could get the job done.respect

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
        Canelo was loading up too much, and not letting off smooth combinations. I get that Cotto is a tricky fighter, and he didn't wanna get caught with the left hook, but what about when he fights GGG? Is he gonna be even more gun shy, and only throw 1 punch at a time, because he's scare of G's power?

oh, and Nelo's stamina is super wack.

And GGG throws power in bunches, and all his shots are deadly accurate. Plus, just based on styles, I think GGG is gonna walk him down, and make it a phone booth fight. No one at MW beats him in a phone booth fight.

Thats because most of ggg fights has been with weak opposition. The reason that canelo didnt press more with cotto is because miguel was using movement to make canelo guess. From the opening rd I kinda of already knew canelo was goin to be the better fighter. cheers

Comment

Originally posted by bigsmoothh View Post
          Thats because most of ggg fights has been with weak opposition. The reason that canelo didnt press more with cotto is because miguel was using movement to make canelo guess. From the opening rd I kinda of already knew canelo was goin to be the better fighter. cheers
          It's gonna be a great fight, and may the best man win. I got GGG.

Comment

I agree, this will probably be his biggest moment, and he wont have many more provided he cant make 154 anymore really(I assume?) and unless he steps it up and adjust some things he wont beat all the best middleweights(no shot with Golovkin so I'm not counting him).. what I'm getting at is that if he doesn't bring someone new in noting will be done to make any of that happen

Comment

Originally posted by KO MX View Post
              he won't need to cut the ring against GGG tho
              Lol good point. Canelo and GGG would bang it out and whoever wins, wins.

Comment

Golovkin would destroy Canelo. Sorry that much is clear. His biggest advantage is his size. He relies on that more than a guy like donaire. He has decent defense and good reach and accuracy but it won't be enough.

Comment

Idk why everyone always disses Canelo's trainers. They were telling him over and over to throw more punches and combinations. Canelo clearly has a listening problem. Canelo would land a good shot, stop and admire it for 10 seconds, rinse and repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
                    Someone that will make him work on his cardio, killer instinct, and being a lazy ass. Takes too much time off.
                    I think Canelo is what he is. I doubt there's going to be any big changes in what we've seen from him in the past.

If the loss to Mayweather didn't change him in any significant way then I really doubt he'll ever change.

His work rate and stamina are his innate traits of personality and physiology. I'd think by now, fighting at the top level of the sport, he's been optimized with the best nutrition, training and sports psychologists that money can buy. He's the new golden boy. They want him to be at his best for every fight. He's being well taken care of.

Comment

He should work on two things.

1. First and foremost his foot movement. He needs to move far more quickly and cut off the ring way faster.
                      2. He needs to throw a ****ing jab now and then

His work rate is what it is. I don't think it will ever increase much over what it is now.

Comment

Working...
                      X