No announcement yet.

It sucks when fights end up like Cotto vs Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elgu View Post
    Cotto is overrated and it was sad to see Martinez handled when he wasn't 100 percent. How is beating a guy that can barely walk the biggest win in his career? His best win was mosley and then he got his ass handed to him by Margarito, Pac, Mayweather, and Trout. It's embarrassing when the middleweight champion of the world can't beat Trout. Hell Maidana did better than Cotto against Mayweather. But what the hell, let Cotto fans be delusional, the moment he fights a worthy middleweight he will get his ass handed to him again.
    Overrated? He was the underdog coming to the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
      Overrated? He was the underdog coming to the fight.
      I mean his career in general. His only good win is Mosley.

Comment

Originally posted by PRPOWERPUNCHES View Post
        Excuse me (cough-cough) I thought it was a great fight and I've never considered Sergio a great fighter. He's a good fighter but not a great fighter. To me most of all the people that got butt hurt after the fight were Cotto haters. People who just wanted to see King Cotto get his fuking face smashed in and when it didn't happen it’s all about the excuses. Oh Martinez knee caps and wrist weren't 100% and that's why Cotto won. Listen man, Martinez was very close to becoming great 5 years ago..IMO

PRPP
        Wow surprise, "PRPOWERPUNCHES" with the Cotto avatar thought that travesty was a great fight.

Comment

Originally posted by elgu View Post
          I mean his career in general. His only good win is Mosley.
          Mayweather, Pacquaio and Cotto have fought pretty much the same top guys but Mayweather and Pacquaio won, so they're "divas" and "cherry pickers".

Cotto got his ass beat 75% of the time so he's a "brave warrior who will fight anyone".

Funniest double standard I've noticed in boxing that. All you have to do to win the adoration of the masses is lose all the time.
          Last edited by Fr3$h; 06-20-2014, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebanon View Post
            Mayweather, Pacquaio and Cotto have fought pretty much the same top guys but Mayweather and Pacquaio won, so they're "divas" and "cherry pickers".

Cotto got his as beat 75% of the time so he's a "brave warrior who will fight anyone".

Funniest double standard I've noticed in boxing that. All you have to do to win the adoration of the masses is lose all the time.
            LOL. I thought you guys knew better than to listen to the usual delusionals? These guys have sigs with pictures of ancient fighters not because they were great, but because they were puerto rican lol. they're THE WORST.

Comment

This fight was a huge let down, Martinez flopping all over the ring in the first round was an absolute embarrassment to the sport.

He wasnt even getting hit flush and he fell to the canvas.

Props to Cotto for picking the fruit when it was ripe, it was perfect timing.

Comment

Cottos fights are always fun to watch.... You Guys know damn well the cotto-sergio fight was exciting... First round was great and the middle rounds were nervous for me because I know sergio can knock you out.. He deserves all the credit hes getting... He fighting better now then he did when he was beating up judah and mosley and them... Only boring fight cottos been in was against trout....

Comment

I completely disagree, these are the fights that make boxing. This was a story about Cotto engaging Roach to garner for a fading career a few final fights. The previous performance was enough to get what was supposed to be a final goodbye for Cotto with Martinez taking what was supposed to be an easy payday. Instead a revitalized Cotto brings it way better than expected. This is the stuff of boxing that every once in a while things come together and the odds are defied and it makes us wonder.

Comment

Cotto just whooped that arse...
                    And new...

Honestly, the butthurt naysayers cries are almost as satisfying as the actual Cotto win itself. Lovely.
                    Last edited by PR ESQ.; 06-20-2014, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PR ESQ. View Post
                      Cotto just whooped that arse...
                      And new...

Honestly, the butthurt naysayers cries are almost as satisfying as the actual Cotto win itself. Lovely.
                      I know, their crying is almost as satisfying as the fight it self! These POS' dont have a cell of self respect or better yet lack of dignity!

These are the same people who if they are about to die and they know will scream like little POS' and beg for their lives!

SCUM!

Comment

Working...
                      X