Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Manny Actually Get Better? Or Opponents Perfect for him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
    Pac beat Hatton as Floyd's sloppy seconds and the Oscar Manny "beat" was a shadow of his former self and over the hill, just like Mosely. Those are "good" wins?
    When did I say those were good wins? Floyd fought past prime Oscar, Mosley, Cotto and so did Pac. He just simply showed to Floyd how to beat properly a past prime fighters and fought Hatton on his best weight division 140 not bloating him like Floyd above on his own weight division 147.

Comment

Originally posted by straightleft View Post
      When did I say those were good wins? Floyd fought past prime Oscar, Mosley, Cotto and so did Pac. He just simply showed to Floyd how to beat properly a past prime fighters and fought Hatton on his best weight division 140 not bloating him like Floyd above on his own weight division 147.
      Lol wow. Atleast floyd fought them coming off good wins. Mosley called out PAC and they straight yo ducked his ass and floyd fought him instead. Mosley was coming off a big win. Fought oscar coming off a good win and fought him at 154. Pac was cherry picked by oscar ill admit but I don't give him credit for beating oscar. He was dead already. Cotto was **** since Margacheato damaged him with them plaster filled gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingjames6 View Post
        Lol wow. Atleast floyd fought them coming off good wins. Mosley called out PAC and they straight yo ducked his ass and floyd fought him instead. Mosley was coming off a big win. Fought oscar coming off a good win and fought him at 154. Pac was cherry picked by oscar ill admit but I don't give him credit for beating oscar. He was dead already. Cotto was **** since Margacheato damaged him with them plaster filled gloves.
        I think it's important to gain a little perspective. You're quick to rubbish Pacquiao's win vs De La Hoya and say his win over Cotto was when he was war-torn.

Of course the two situations aren't directly comparable, but you could say that in the Pacquiao fight Cotto was in a hell of a lot better physical condition compared to that of his shape in the Mayweather fight, which is similar to whenever Mayweather and Pacquiao fought De La Hoya, respectively. Cotto's best weight was at 147, and that's where Pacquiao fought him, similar to Mayweather fighting Oscar at 154; a lot more comfortable for him to be doing than when Manny fought him a couple of years later at 147. Neither Cotto nor Oscar were prime when they fought Mayweather or Pacquiao, but Cotto was a hell of a lot closer to prime when he fought Pacquiao, just like De La Hoya was in better shape when Mayweather fought him to that when Manny did.

Oh and also, I wouldn't call Oscar beating on Steve Forbes as 'a good win'.

Comment

Working...
        X