Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you agree with the judges scorecards at the time of the stoppage?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've said it somewhere else but I'll say it here again:

Taylor was fighting in spurts against a guy who was consistently on the attack, mostly because as Taylor admits, he blew his load in the second round trying to knockout Pavlik....

I admit, I wasn't on the bandwagon publicly, before the fight all I said was it would be a great fight, either Kelly would knockout Taylor, or Taylor would fight UP to the level of his competition and make a great fight, but I was certainly rooting for Pavlik because I was tired of seeing Taylor get decisions he didn't deserve (which was happening with Pavlik also) and tired of seeing him fight DOWN to the level of his competition..

Comment

Originally posted by Welter_Skelter View Post
      I dont Completely disagree.. But I think they were being a TAD unfair... There were a few close rounds.. A few very obvious rounds.. I guess they gave the close rounds to Taylor..
      Which is why I've never honestly liked Taylor. Anytime there's a close round, whether he's the Champion or not, the judges always give it to him. That was my biggest beef with his first victory over Bernard Hopkins, the Champion is always supposed to get the benefit of the doubt. And Taylor clearly was getting that against Pavlik, but even when Hopkins was the Champion, the close rounds always went to Taylor.

There was a time when I was a Taylor fan, back when he beat Daniel Edouard and showed a willingness to dig down and scrap. Against Hopkins both times I thought he did the bare minimum, I thought Wright beat him and I'm not even going to mention Ouma and Spinks. I've been saying since Taylor became the Champion that he wasn't the best in the division, and needless to say with my support of Pavlik I feel vindicated.

Comment

I think people went into the fight assuming Pavlik had a bad defense, but many of Taylors shots were being blocked and i gave Pavlik a lot of rounds.

i finally watched the TV version and its closer then it was when i saw it in the arena, but i still thought Pavlik was ahead...

Comment

Originally posted by starjammer View Post
          I saw the fight 59-55 to Taylor at the time of closing.
          My scoring, if it matters.

Round 1 10-9 Pavlik
          Round 2 10-8 Taylor
          Round 3 10-9 Pavlik (fight even)
          Round 4 10-9 Taylor
          Round 5 10-9 Pavlik (again fight even)
          Round 6 10-9 Taylor

I honestly cannot see how you scored all but two rounds for Taylor. Especially since Kelly clearly won the first and third, which would mean you think Pavlik lost every other round.

As for the referee stoppage, and some people complaining that it was stopped early....

In the post fight interview Jermain Taylor admitted he thought he was losing, and didn't even mention that the stoppage was early, nor did he hint he was mad about the outcome. And Taylor was out on his feet after the right uppercut landed, which forced him to go back to the corner for cover. Where Pavlik then landed some serious bombs, Taylor was done. Just look at the way he went down.

Comment

i had it 57-56 on taylor and it could have been 57-56 for pavlik too.
            but 58-55 no way. and 59-54 , that guy knows **** about boxing...pavlik CLREALRY won first and third rounds. i had it the fourth for pavlik and 5th and 6th for taylor. maybee you could have given the fourth to taylor, but the first and third there is no discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
              My scoring, if it matters.

Round 1 10-9 Pavlik
              Round 2 10-8 Taylor
              Round 3 10-9 Pavlik (fight even)
              Round 4 10-9 Taylor
              Round 5 10-9 Pavlik (again fight even)
              Round 6 10-9 Taylor

I honestly cannot see how you scored all but two rounds for Taylor. Especially since Kelly clearly won the first and third, which would mean you think Pavlik lost every other round.

As for the referee stoppage, and some people complaining that it was stopped early....

In the post fight interview Jermain Taylor admitted he thought he was losing, and didn't even mention that the stoppage was early, nor did he hint he was mad about the outcome. And Taylor was out on his feet after the right uppercut landed, which forced him to go back to the corner for cover. Where Pavlik then landed some serious bombs, Taylor was done. Just look at the way he went down.

I had it scored the same exact way. Due to the criticizm from his past fights, Taylor was tooo fixated on making a statement by taking Pavlik out, and THATS what ****ed him up.

Comment

It really does seem that all 3 judges were paid or something... considering not a single one had it the same as Lederman, and the majority of people on this forum. This baffles me though, because I think even a decision loss would be better for Taylor's career than a perceived robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
                  It really does seem that all 3 judges were paid or something... considering not a single one had it the same as Lederman, and the majority of people on this forum. This baffles me though, because I think even a decision loss would be better for Taylor's career than a perceived robbery.
                  That's why I'm so glad that Pavlik was able to finish the fight his way, the way he's always done. Because if the fight kept up at that pace and made it to the scorecards there's no doubt in my mind that Pavlik would've been robbed out of what he had earned.

Comment

Originally posted by starjammer View Post
                    I saw the fight 59-55 to Taylor at the time of closing.
                    agreed. Taylor was clearly ahead. Pavlik won maybe round 1 and round 3 and that's it

Comment

Taylor was probably landing more harder shots + the shots that were blocked by Pavlik, its harder to see when you are ringside judge, and they tend to favor the champion if the round is close, and some of them weren't complete blow outs, for example round 1.

Comment

Working...
                      X