Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WBA to call for GGG v. Jacobs mandatory next week at the WBA annual convention!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This IS THE FIGHT I WANT TO SEE!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      These HBO exclusive contracts are starting to be bs if HBO doesn't back them up with money that prove they are the gold standard in the sport. If HBO won't pay guys fair market value or let them fight elsewhere if they lose a purse bid these fighters need to get better managers to get something in their contract to allow them to fight elsewhere in these sorta situations.
      I agree that they should start putting language in the HBO / Showtime deals that allows a lost purse bid fight to take place on another network.

Who knows. Maybe if this WBA mando thing happens, K2 can work something out with Nelson in the event they lose the bid. But I doubt Haymon would put a fight that expensive on PBC, it would probably be on Showtime.

Which actually would be pretty funny, because the Showtime cheerleading crew disses and non-Haymon fighter, so they would be commentating it when GGG puts Jacobs into the 3rd row lol

Comment

Originally posted by boxcityusa805 View Post
        Talking about it because they replied to my tweet... They didn't just go out and start talking about it. So if Jacobs vs golovkin happens 😀
        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
          He should its only fair, winner of pursue bid calls the shots simple as that.
          True but it might be stevensonkovalev all over again

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
            I'm sure WBA will take that into consideration when they make their determination for a timeline. But let's say they don't and he's forced to drop one belt. Would you rather see him fight Johnson or Jacobs?
            if he HAS to drop a belt, and there's no way around it, as much as I respect the IBF and how they follow their rules, the Jacobs fight is the better, more compelling fight for me.........

Comment

These HBO exclusive contracts are starting to be bs if HBO doesn't back them up with money that prove they are the gold standard in the sport. If HBO won't pay guys fair market value or let them fight elsewhere if they lose a purse bid these fighters need to get better managers to get something in their contract to allow them to fight elsewhere in these sorta situations.
              I agree, and who knows, maybe they will surprise us all and put the money up. I'm sure they'd love the fight but I think if Haymon really wants a fight he will get it. He just has way more money to spend.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
                GGG has made it clear on more than one occasion that he's all about the belts. Fighting mando's are a part of keeping the belt on his way to unifying. I don't see GGG turning down the fight and giving up the belt. Sanctioning organizations trump exclusive network deals. If you don't want to follow the rules of the sanctioning bodies don't fight for their belt.
                I don't think abc groups & exclusive deals compete at all. Like in the Fury/Klitschko/Glazkov situation where Fury has a private deal to rematch Klitschko, but also has the mandatory vs Glazkov. Neither of those situations matter to the other situation. I think its the same here.

So GGG probably would wanna fight Jacobs, but if K2/HBO loses the purse bid & PBC/Haymon wins & wants to show the fight on NBC or Fox I would think HBO could kill that at birth cuz GGG would be in breach of his contract if he fought off of HBO.

Comment

What happened to the PBC belts?

Comment

I don't think abc groups & exclusive deals compete at all. Like in the Fury/Klitschko/Glazkov situation where Fury has a private deal to rematch Klitschko, but also has the mandatory vs Glazkov. Neither of those situations matter to the other situation. I think its the same here.

So GGG probably would wanna fight Jacobs, but if K2/HBO loses the purse bid & PBC/Haymon wins & wants to show the fight on NBC or Fox I would think HBO could kill that at birth cuz GGG would be in breach of his contract if he fought off of HBO.
                    I mean the rules of the sanctioning bodies trump exclusive contracts if you hold their belt. If your exclusive contract doesn't allow you to fight off network you have to give up the belt. Stevenson had a contract with Showtime that allowed him to fight off network for a fight with Kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      Decent fight in between the Canelo fight later in 2016. I think GBP and K2 will negotiate to have the fight take place like in September. This would be better than Tureano Johnson.
                      don't get your hopes up. alvared is'nt ever fighting little G.

Comment

Working...
                      X