No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez should be ranked number 1 pound for pound

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frankenfrank View Post
    I don't know , but he is a top 5 now. #1 ? IDK .

The top 5 should consist of : Martinez , Marquez , Pacquiao , Mayweather and probably Shane Mosley still as a #5 . Remember Mosley drew with a middleweight in his last fight , a MW who went 1:1 with the man who outpointed Shane twice , and Mosley weighed in as a LMW against him.
    Shane also outdid Pacquiao against Margachito , fought Mayweather under Mayweather's conditions , fought a much younger and physically sound delahoya , so he can still be regarded as a top 5 , I don't have any better ideas as to whom should be ranked in the top 5 .

BTW , I just watched the first 2-3 rounds of Guinn vs Pulev . Guinn scored a KD in rd 2 which never counted as one ..
    mosley looks completely shot why would he be in the top 5? juanma lopez, bradley, pascal, montiel, donaire, ward lots of much better fighters than mosley.

Comment

Originally posted by slickfox View Post
      ill be impressed when he beats a credible opponent in the welterweight division that hasnt just been battered by someone else. For example he should have fought mosley instead of clottey.
      Arum is negotiating for a Berto fight if ever the Floyd fight falls apart again..

Comment

Originally posted by MXboxingfan View Post
        Manny Pacquiao was not very impressive in both of his fights this year. Pacquiao fought Clottey who for some mysterious reason did not throw many punches as well as Shane Mosley's damaged left-overs in Margarito, who is not a very good fighter without his cheating advantage. Compare that to Sergio Martinez, who fought and beat Kelly Pavlik and Paul Williams.
        being in the top means a series of body of work... Pac is consistently beating top opponents since 2003... Sergio is just starting...

Comment

Manny Pac not impressive????? Jeeez Tough crowd here i guess

Sexy Serg is a top class fighter p4p #3 - 5 IMO, probably 3.

fighters before my time ive saw on tape

Manny Pacquaio and Floyd Mayweather are two of the best fighters i have EVER seen and that includes

Comment

Brilliant thread.

Comment

He's #3, but I would say he could take #2 if he stays busy and wins more fights/titles. Of course if he beats Floyd he'll be #1.

Comment

Working...
              X