Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kobe Bryant, Michael Jordan: Two Legacies Divided By Hate

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding Kobe and Jordan I used to think Kobe, but in hindsight I was wrong.

Even if Kobe surpasses Jordan in stats, Jordan will always carry more mystique, lore and basketball immortality cuz' he broke the mold.

He was first.

Comment

Originally posted by INSECT View Post

Even if Kobe surpasses Jordan in stats, Jordan will always carry more mystique, lore and basketball immortality cuz' he broke the mold.

He was first.
      Kobe can never surpass Jordan in stats other than points, if he plays longer than Jordan did. Jordan retired many times, and retired for good early only to come back for a year as a washed up player in his 40s and still be one of the best in the NBA.
      Last edited by street bully; 09-21-2010, 04:15 PM.

Comment

come on, Kobe is the 2nd best SG ever only MJ surpass him. Kobe has basketball fundamentals and skills. Many players like Lebron, Wade and Durant have skills, but not fundamentals. Kobe is the best player since 1998 when Jordan retired for the 2nd time, its disgusting to compare today's Wade, LB James and Durant with Kobe, its just cheap man, Kobe is the law in this league, you gotta love Kobe

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
          Kobe can never surpass Jordan in stats other than points, if he plays longer than Jordan did. Jordan retired many times, and retired for good early only to come back for a year as a washed up player in his 40s and still one of the best in the NBA.
          I caught a few games of 90-93 era Jordan and it really makes you appreciate how awesome he was.

I think people forget sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by PureBoxingCEO View Post
            come on, Kobe is the 2nd best SG ever only MJ surpass him. Kobe has basketball fundamentals and skills. Many players like Lebron, Wade and Durant have skills, but not fundamentals. Kobe is the best player since 1998 when Jordan retired for the 2nd time, its disgusting to compare today's Wade, LB James and Durant with Kobe, its just cheap man, Kobe is the law in this league, you gotta love Kobe
            I can see not comparing Kobe to Wade and James, but Durant? Get out of here. Durant is amazing and could be the best in the league and he is only 21 compared to the old ass Kobe, who was no Durant at 21.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
              I can see not comparing Kobe to Wade and James, but Durant? Get out of here. Durant is amazing and could be the best in the league and he is only 21 compared to the old ass Kobe, who was no Durant at 21.
              Kobe at 21 was a beast man.

Comment

Kobe at 21 was a beast man.
                He was, but he sure as hell was not as good as Durant, who IMO was robbed of a deserved MVP this year at 20. Kobe was a good 21 year old player, but Durant is top two in the league already.

Comment

I want to see where Durant will stand after 14 seaons in the NBA, only time will tell.
                  I dont think Durant will never get better than 2008 Kobe thats a fact.

Comment

He was first.

wait til Kobe retires...players' legends seem to grow tenfold after they hang them up...if he's already being compared now, i can only imagine how people will view him 10 years from now

BTW- that Jordan 'mold' was the Dr J 'mold'...mike wasnt the first

Comment

Originally posted by -pound4pound- View Post
                      wait til Kobe retires...players' legends seem to grow tenfold after they hang them up...if he's already being compared now, i can only imagine how people will view him 10 years from now

BTW- that Jordan 'mold' was the Dr J 'mold'...mike wasnt the first
                      Thats true. There are maaaaany players who built the NBA and gave unforgotten moments to the league before MJ did.

Comment

Working...
                      X