Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you question the legitimacy of Trinidads career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dondi33O View Post
    The same reason why in AMERICA you are innocent until proven GUILTY.
    Margacheato was PROVEN GUILTY!
    Get over the decade old re-wrap.
    I dont hear you complaining about Hoyas re-wrap or any other of the many boxers who were made to re-wrap.
    PLASTER IS ILLEGAL AND NOT THE SAME AS RE-WRAP.
    What are you talking about Hopkins trainer already said that Cheato Trinidad purposely wrapped his hands heavy to protect his hands, which is a form of cheating. And if you weren't so stupid you'd know I'm the number 1 poster who has attacked Margacheato for cheating. I doesn't matter if it didn't give him a complete age with increasing power or not! It helped protect his hands which is a form of cheating since he did not wrap his hands to the guideline. Its cheating either way, so stop trying to act like its not a form of cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan... View Post
      I didn't see where Tito was caught wrapping his hands with plaster. If you can just send the relevant link I will retract my earlier opinion.

Thanks.
      CO_SIGN BIGTIME

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy Krueger View Post
        What are you talking about Hopkins trainer already said that Cheato Trinidad purposely wrapped his hands heavy to protect his hands, which is a form of cheating. And if you weren't so stupid you'd know I'm the number 1 poster who has attacked Margacheato for cheating. I doesn't matter if it didn't give him a complete age with increasing power or not! It helped protect his hands which is a form of cheating since he did not wrap his hands to the guideline. Its cheating either way, so stop trying to act like its not a form of cheating.
        Way to ignore my previous post and act like your opinion is law in America.
        What ever you feel is illegal is not in an official boxing rule book, so stop it.
        Speculation will get you no where and all of the boxers in boxing history that were made to re-wrap are fine and history wont be changed.
        If speculation was law then Margacheato would be banned from boxing forever and maybe even arrested.

Comment

I can't say Tito was a cheater but his dad was notorious for hand wrappings. I became suspicious when i saw him move up in weight and KO WIlliam Joppy in 5 Rds. At the time, Joppy was never KOD and his only loss was by UD. Joppy would go on to go the distance with BHOP and Jermain Taylor who both gave him alot of shots and he didnt get KOD by either. After that fight than he is made to re-wrap with BHOP. Than all of a sudden he gets his FIRST loss. Yes i am suspicious but wont flat out say he is a cheater.

Comment

Originally posted by HaglerSteelChin View Post
            I can't say Tito was a cheater but his dad was notorious for hand wrappings. I became suspicious when i saw him move up in weight and KO WIlliam Joppy in 5 Rds. At the time, Joppy was never KOD and his only loss was by UD. Joppy would go on to go the distance with BHOP and Jermain Taylor who both gave him alot of shots and he didnt get KOD by either. After that fight than he is made to re-wrap with BHOP. Than all of a sudden he gets his FIRST loss. Yes i am suspicious but wont flat out say he is a cheater.
            Good post, I agree with everything you said. It would of been interesting if Tio had fought more after the Hopkins fight, that way we could of seen if he still had a powerful right hook.

Comment

speculation can be a crazy thing

Comment

idiots will be idiots I guess!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan... View Post
                  No. And to do so is not intelligent IMO.
                  My thoughts exactly.

Comment

Technically, it's only cheating in certain states (like New York). In others, they allow it. But in the end, it does give him some sort of an unfair advantage. I mean, they helped increase his power. So that's an advantage he had.

Comment

Well, according to Richardson. The Margarito and Tito incidents were totally different, in the Tito fight they way he wrapped his hands was legal in some places in the US and PR etc. just not legal in NY.

Margarito had attempted to use a plaster gauze, which made his wraps harden.

Heres proof from a Ring interview, It doesn't damage Tito at all

NR: To me, Trinidad's situation was much, much different than Margarito's. What Trinidad did was actually legal in some places. It just wasn't legal in New York. I had the rulebook with me right there in my hand.

The Ring: What happened in Trinidad's locker room?

NR: When I came into the room, I think it was his left hand that was already wrapped. I asked for the bylaws about hand wraps before the fight. I didn't see the hand get wrapped. Someone from Hopkins' camp had to be there to witness the hands being wrapped. I spoke to a commissioner about it. he said that he was there to watch his hand get wrapped. Then I asked him, "Do you work for the Hopkins camp??" I think I asked him twice. He said, no, so I told the commissioner I wanted to see Trinidad get his hands wrapped again - both of them.

Before you know it, Papa Trinidad flipped out and went off, and people in the room started threatening me (laughs). They said I was scared. I told them I don't have to fight Trinidad tonight, what do I have to be scared about (laughs)? They were telling me Bernard was going to get knocked out. I didn't want to budge from what I knew was right. If something happened to Bernard, and something came out later about Trinidad's hand wraps, I would have blamed myself. It would have been because I didn't do my job.

Comment

Working...
                      X