Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I regret working hard at school and going to college...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by capt_sam View Post
    I was a good student. Studious, well behaved and got good grades. I worked my ass off getting 2 degrees, incured tens of thousands of pounds of debt in the process and for what?

I even served 2 internships, one in the Houses of Parliament. I spent about 2 grand on costs covering those (travel, food, passes, rent etc)-that was all my savings gone.

There are no ****ing graduate jobs! There are no jobs period. All my life I brought into an idea, I flew straight-and for no reward. I was better off being a clown in school, getting laid more in the process by the chavettes and having stuff done for me now.

I am bordering suicidal with the situation. I would work in industry, except none remains. I am frustrated and annoyed.

This is my rant.
    Ever considered becoming a teacher?

Is that in demand at the moment?

Comment

Mangler,

Nice to hear someone is doing well.

I did my UG in History. My PG in International Relations. Between the 2 I worked in telecoms/retail, was part manager. Then I served 2 internships. Add to that I'm a decent bloke AND have captained sports teams, done volunteer work and have a huge **** database I can lent to managers-and still no job!?

A guy has limited patience man.

Any one here still in high school, dont go straight to college. Wait until 2011 or some ****, until the jobs come back.

Comment

yes that should work

Comment

just do anything dude, deliver food ect macdonalds w.e, just get by this horrible economy were in. Cause once **** picks back up you have a degree which seperates from the rest of the ppl. and act like ur case is the worse, i know ppl who have lost everything, cars, house, everything and have no work. Get by dude, dont worry bout making alot money right now, look at that degree as worth a million dollars, something alot ppl go to college for and dont finish. Look at the degree as a great accomplishment ya'l always have for the rest of you're life. It might not help you right now in this terrible economy were in but it will help you in the future for sure if things get better, and if things dont get better, well u can always move to brazil, britain. That degree counts in alot countries.

Comment

Originally posted by The Scientist View Post
            Ever considered becoming a teacher?

Is that in demand at the moment?
            Yes. I am from a family of teachers, 2 of my brothers teach. I volunteered in a high school, I tried for History teaching but its not in high demand. Maths, English, Science, MFL are in high demand.

Could I teach stateside?

Comment

Yes. I am from a family of teachers, 2 of my brothers teach. I volunteered in a high school, I tried for History teaching but its not in high demand. Maths, English, Science, MFL are in high demand.

Could I teach stateside?
              Here in the states we have teach abroad programs. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to, if you wanted to. All you would need is to get certified, which you could probably do over in your country, and get a work visa. Make your cash in the states, and return once opportunities rise again.

Comment

Are you a teacher bro?

Comment

Are you a teacher bro?
                  I taught an art class for a year at my former High School. Teaching jobs of all sorts are in crazy demand here in the US. You would find a niche for sure.

Comment

****, sometimes you have to tread your own path....

Im a pool guy.... People laugh sometimes.... Think I am poor.... Think I am uneducated and stupid....

When in actuallity I am not rich, but far from poor, in the midst of trying to buy my first house.... Have no financial trouble at all..... And about to start my own pool company....

I am not saying to brag.... I am saying this to use someone like me as an example... A white looking Mexican that grew up in the hood.... Has one college credit.... Grew up on welfare.....

If I can do it, you definitely can..... I wish I had your opportunities...

You have to work your ass off.... Do things you dont want to do.... Be lower on the totem pole than others.... But stand at attention soldier, because your time is going to come... You just have to be willing and ready to do the small things that add up to bigger things....

No one starts off at the top... Work your way up

Comment

You wont regret your degrees when the time is right... Hard work pays off in the long run.. Your qualifications will look great when you beat out your competition for the top spot when the time comes...
                      Dont give up, only cowards quit under pressure... Sounds to me like youve achieved quite a bit, dont let it go to waste, go out and get it... no one is going to hold your hand YOU have to be the one to make it happen...

Comment

Working...
                      X