Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here's the Crusher: Margs will win the fight, but I like Cotto's chances.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Margs body language was great, while Cotto's imo seemed more subbued. 2 fists are always better than one. This is why my prediction was right on for this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by boofdatruth View Post
      I have seen it all in boxing. Hyped fights like this that do or don't live up to the hype as the fans say. I never believed in that since it is only paying customers who choose to pay to see a fight. Fighters don't owe you a thing. Rememeber that. Cotto looked gaunt yesterday, but he looked cut. He still eats the right food so he might have his energy. Margs looked superb, and very confident. I think Cotto struggled to make weight. He may fill out by fight time, but I think he gets stopped late in the fight.

Margs imo can not box a lick, but he is a fighter. He is a warrior who uses non stop punching to beat his opponent. Cotto covers up good, and Margs will have problems trying to hit Cotto, but it is Margs body shots whch I think will stop Cotto. Coto is the smarter fighter, but he hs no natural right hand as we say in boxing. If he did, Cotto would destroy Margs imo. You need 2 fists to keep Margs off you.

I don't discount Cotto's chances. Cotto can win if he fights a very smart fight. When Margs misses, he has to counter, and counter hard. His jab alone is going to have to bust Margs up the way Clottey's did. Jab, body shots, and movement can outpoint Margs. I've seen Margs bend over from body shots, and even wince in pain. He covers the body good so Cotto is going to have to do what boxers call "up/down" your man. Trainers yell this at fights when a fighter is head hunting. The term is simple. Hit the head and body all night long. Up you use the jab, feints to feint your way in and land. For Margs to break this attack from Cotto, he is going to have to use his own stiff jab which he has, but never commits.

Margs will win because I belive the pressure and countering will get to Cotto. Cotto is going to have to gain his respect very early. I can see both men winning, but I'd go with Margs for now because he has learned from the tougher fights. I will congratulate who ever wins.

Cotto jabs, and jabs, and Margs, feints and uses uppercut and body shots, and punches, and punches and punches. Cotto lands hard and clean. If he boxes and moves he wins. Margs is going to have to use a shiot gun jab and a 2 fisted attack and try not to run into anything. He is at a disadvantage in hand speed. I always go with 2 fists are better than one, and that is the sole reason why I pick Margs to beat Cotto.
      It feels good to get predictions right in big fights lol.

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have seen it all in boxing. Hyped fights like this that do or don't live up to the hype as the fans say. I never believed in that since it is only paying customers who choose to pay to see a fight. Fighters don't owe you a thing. Rememeber that. Cotto looked gaunt yesterday, but he looked cut. He still eats the right food so he might have his energy. Margs looked superb, and very confident. I think Cotto struggled to make weight. He may fill out by fight time, but I think he gets stopped late in the fight.

Margs imo can not box a lick, but he is a fighter. He is a warrior who uses non stop punching to beat his opponent. Cotto covers up good, and Margs will have problems trying to hit Cotto, but it is Margs body shots whch I think will stop Cotto. Coto is the smarter fighter, but he hs no natural right hand as we say in boxing. If he did, Cotto would destroy Margs imo. You need 2 fists to keep Margs off you.

I don't discount Cotto's chances. Cotto can win if he fights a very smart fight. When Margs misses, he has to counter, and counter hard. His jab alone is going to have to bust Margs up the way Clottey's did. Jab, body shots, and movement can outpoint Margs. I've seen Margs bend over from body shots, and even wince in pain. He covers the body good so Cotto is going to have to do what boxers call "up/down" your man. Trainers yell this at fights when a fighter is head hunting. The term is simple. Hit the head and body all night long. Up you use the jab, feints to feint your way in and land. For Margs to break this attack from Cotto, he is going to have to use his own stiff jab which he has, but never commits.

Margs will win because I belive the pressure and countering will get to Cotto. Cotto is going to have to gain his respect very early. I can see both men winning, but I'd go with Margs for now because he has learned from the tougher fights. I will congratulate who ever wins.

Cotto jabs, and jabs, and Margs, feints and uses uppercut and body shots, and punches, and punches and punches. Cotto lands hard and clean. If he boxes and moves he wins. Margs is going to have to use a shiot gun jab and a 2 fisted attack and try not to run into anything. He is at a disadvantage in hand speed. I always go with 2 fists are better than one, and that is the sole reason why I pick Margs to beat Cotto.
        great analysis you were spot on I was the only one amongst my click who picked margarito because cotto has never really impressed me. he is not s strong puncher and he doesn't think in the ring. as slow as margo is why would cotto continue backing up after every exchange.

cotto's only chance to win was to train above sea level, like oscar he trained in puerto rico and wound up gassing. there is a reason floyd retired theses guys are not in his league

Comment

Originally posted by Brandish View Post
          great analysis you were spot on I was the only one amongst my click who picked margarito because cotto has never really impressed me. he is not s strong puncher and he doesn't think in the ring. as slow as margo is why would cotto continue backing up after every exchange.

cotto's only chance to win was to train above sea level, like oscar he trained in puerto rico and wound up gassing. there is a reason floyd retired theses guys are not in his league
          Exactly. Last nights showed why boxing misses Floyd.

Comment

Check out the Mexican fan base overrating Margs win over a former junior welterweight lol.

Comment

Originally posted by boofdatruth View Post

This prediction was a thing of beauty if I do say so myself lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandish View Post

Thanks a lot lol....................

Comment

Working...
                X