Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao's Adviser on Rejecting Crawford: I Don't Like His Style!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by b morph View Post
    I feel like Pacquiao does get a lot more passes than Mayweather. And you can put a spin on any of Pacquiao's picks to go in his favor. A lot of people put spins on Mayweather's picks to make is seem like he's cherry picking.

Like you saying Bradley 3 is okay since it's his retirement fight. Okay, so what about Mayweather fighting Berto? That's his retirement fight, it should be okay. But everyone shamed Floyd for fighting Berto, a lot more than Pacquiao did for fighting Bradley.

Admittedly, Berto was a much, much worse pick than Bradley, but the same principle applies.

They were both bad picks, but people only see things from a perspective that benefit the fighters they like, and discredits the fighters they hate.
    I look at it this way, who was a worse pick...you admit Berto was a much worse pick....so how the hell can you use that as an example of spin?

Maybe what it is, is the fact that the spin has more merit more often when its in favor of Pac. Floyd made it a conscious effort to pick who and when he fought to ensure the highest earnings with the least risk. Those are his words, not Pac fan's.
    Last edited by madsweeney; 08-04-2016, 05:57 PM.

Comment

• Why fihgt a guy who only brings 50k ppv to the table. Any Mexican fighter out there brings more money than Crawford

Comment

I got another one for all you. Pacquiao's signature win. The win that put him on the map. The win that made him a star, was a cherry pick.

He fought a 35 year old, weight drained Oscar. Fought him at a weight Oscar hasn't weighed in years. Oscar looked like a skeleton in there.

Talk to Casuals or pacstains and they'll tell you Pacquiao jumped up in weight and took on an ATG, but real fans know the truth.

I just discredited Pac's greatest win.
        Hindsight is always 20/20. At the time, it was seen as a joke of a fight where Pac had almost no chance of winning. Betting odds were even well in DLH's favor.

And no, that was one of his signature fights, brought his name to mainstream, but his legacy was well cemented before that fight.

Comment

• Ped head went from fighting Floyd's Leftovers to fighting Bradley's Leftovers. LOL!

Comment

• Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
            I look at it this way, who was a worse pick...you admit Berto was a much worse pick....so how the hell can you use that as an example of spin?

Maybe what it is, is the fact that the spin has more merit more often when its in favor of Pac. Floyd made it a conscious effort to pick who and when he fought to ensure the highest earnings with the least risk. Those are his words, not Pac fan's.
            I use that as an example because I can still give him a pass because it's his last fight. And I can also say that he can get a pass because he just fought Pacquiao. He deserves to have an off fight.

See how I can do that?

The point I'm making is that both Pacquiao and Mayweather are guilty of cherry picking and ducking. What rubs me the wrong way is that most people give Pacquiao a pass or choose to ignore it or are too dumb to notice it, and then they crucify Mayweather or act like Mayweather's the only boxer in the history of boxing to cherry pick or duck, when it's been going on for years.

It's the persona of Mayweather is what it is. Mayweather's the evil, bad guy, while Pacquiao is the church going, goody goddy. Even though Pacquiao had a gambling problem, drinking problem, cheated on his wife. But we'll just ignore that right?

Comment

• Originally posted by JJRalkman View Post
              You know that comment excluded the Mayweather fight. Don't play stupid.

Rios, Bradley II, Algieri, Bradley III, Vargas. What a sad bunch of fights.

Manny is free to fight whoever he wants. But don't continue to call him a "warrior", "pound for pound", "all time great", etc. And don't talk about "paid dues" and still expect customers to pay for your fights.
              I call him those things?

His fans will do what they want, no one forces you to buy them...

Comment

• Who actually likes Crawford's style? I thought the guy would step up when he fights on PPV but all he did was dance and circle around the ring, barely throwing any punches. Was that a poor man's Floyd imitation? Disgusted and no more buying any PPVs.

Comment

Hindsight is always 20/20. At the time, it was seen as a joke of a fight where Pac had almost no chance of winning. Betting odds were even well in DLH's favor.

And no, that was one of his signature fights, brought his name to mainstream, but his legacy was well cemented before that fight.
                  Wasn't seen as a joke at all. I remember the odds. Pacquiao was the underdog, but not by a lot. He was a very live dog.

Look at how dead Oscar looked during that fight, fought like he didn't have a heart beat. Weight drain anyone?

Team Pac knew what they were doing. They were very smart with that pick.

Comment

I would still argue that it was his best win in terms of his legacy. He might have been established in the boxing world at that time, but that was the money win for him. That was the win that was passing on the torch so to speak.

It brought Pacquiao to new heights he hasn't seen before. Brought him from a champion to a superstar and Bob Arums top fighter.

It did the same thing for Pacquiao as it did for Mayweather really. Beating Oscar was the turning point for both of them.

Comment

I use that as an example because I can still give him a pass because it's his last fight. And I can also say that he can get a pass because he just fought Pacquiao. He deserves to have an off fight.

See how I can do that?

The point I'm making is that both Pacquiao and Mayweather are guilty of cherry picking and ducking. What rubs me the wrong way is that most people give Pacquiao a pass or choose to ignore it or are too dumb to notice it, and then they crucify Mayweather or act like Mayweather's the only boxer in the history of boxing to cherry pick or duck, when it's been going on for years.

It's the persona of Mayweather is what it is. Mayweather's the evil, bad guy, while Pacquiao is the church going, goody goddy. Even though Pacquiao had a gambling problem, drinking problem, cheated on his wife. But we'll just ignore that right?

You assume too much. Unless you actually follow individuals and their posting history, you can't really judge who gives who a pass. Over-all, you're right, people give Pac more leniency, in my opinion its because throughout his career he has taken on bigger/more challenges even though he is not as naturally talented/fundamentally skilled as Floyd. You combine the fact that Floyd is one of the best natural talents and skilled ever to grace the sport with the fact that he puts the business before the legacy and you can easily see why people are harder on him.

Comment

Working...
                      X