Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lemieux agrees with De La Hoya: I'm GGG's Biggest Test!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lemieux agrees with De La Hoya: I'm GGG's Biggest Test!

Earlier this week an article ran on BoxingScene.com in which Golden Boy Promotions CEO Oscar De La Hoya said that David Lemieux will represent knockout artist Gennady Golovkin's first true test in the pro ranks.

Golovkin has developed a large cult following with his knockout power and "Mexican Style" mantra but thus far has been unable to lure any big names into the ring with him.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Yes he will be ready

When have you heard a GGG opponent speaking with such confidence? Never! They were all s.......g in their pants inside and outside the ring. Lemieux is a different animal altogether. He thinks he is a tiger and Golovkin the gazelle. I strongly disagree with the general consensus that Lemieux will be simply a push over for GGG. Can you imagine the lunatic Mosley saying that GGG will take out Lemieux in 1-2 rounds!!! Where has he been? GGG could not even do this with some journeymen boxer... I`ve witnessed Lemieux sparring 12 rounders with the supremely talented and heavy hard hitter Artur Beterbiev (who is a superior boxer than GGG by all accounts), and Lemieux was holding his own... He absolutely won`t be intimidated by GGG. To the contrary, I believe Lemieux will break and brutalize the Kazakh... I just don`t see GGG mounting any kind of sustained successful pressure on Lemieux. The latter is simply stronger and faster than GGG. Just a simple visual of Lemieux`last mitts session in Montreal demonstrates that he is more explosive, faster and punches harder than GGG. But he needs to be more compact in his punches and display more variations. This is going to be an eye opener for a lot of people regarding Lemieux' great potential even at 26 years old...

Comment

Originally posted by carolusdumus View Post
      When have you heard a GGG opponent speaking with such confidence? Never!
      Sure. Stevens and Monroe Jr. Stevens' confidence was his power, and Stevens does have power, but not good ring work. He's a counter hunter in the pocket and has a strong combo left jab. Monroe Jr. advocated ring movement ala Cuban style and that he was the underdog with his uncle being Willie Monroe that had beaten a Hagler.

I don't see anything different other than now it's Golden Boy in the front seat hyping up one of their fighters holding an IBF. It seems only normal.

Comment

He gets stopped within 6.

Comment

ur a fool if u think this is an easy fight for ggg.

i can definitely see lemieux pulling off the upset. lemieux has too much power. maybe hits harder than ggg and he's definitely a lot faster than ggg.

Comment

Excellent post, GGG will hit a wall on oct. 17th !

Comment

Lemieux has certainly been running his mouth the last couple of weeks,
              I am going to enjoy watching him try to back up all that tough talk.

Comment

Originally posted by carolusdumus View Post
                When have you heard a GGG opponent speaking with such confidence? Never! They were all s.......g in their pants inside and outside the ring. Lemieux is a different animal altogether. He thinks he is a tiger and Golovkin the gazelle. I strongly disagree with the general consensus that Lemieux will be simply a push over for GGG. Can you imagine the lunatic Mosley saying that GGG will take out Lemieux in 1-2 rounds!!! Where has he been? GGG could not even do this with some journeymen boxer... I`ve witnessed Lemieux sparring 12 rounders with the supremely talented and heavy hard hitter Artur Beterbiev (who is a superior boxer than GGG by all accounts), and Lemieux was holding his own... He absolutely won`t be intimidated by GGG. To the contrary, I believe Lemieux will break and brutalize the Kazakh... I just don`t see GGG mounting any kind of sustained successful pressure on Lemieux. The latter is simply stronger and faster than GGG. Just a simple visual of Lemieux`last mitts session in Montreal demonstrates that he is more explosive, faster and punches harder than GGG. But he needs to be more compact in his punches and display more variations. This is going to be an eye opener for a lot of people regarding Lemieux' great potential even at 26 years old...
                How is the weather in Canada?

Comment

Ugh...
                  Stop trying to sell us Lemieux as a step up for Golovkin. We all know that he isn't. Murray was on a higher level than Lemieux. Rubio and Gelae were around the same level as the present Lemieux imo, but he is still very crude and definitely not an elite fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by HEND View Post
                    Ugh...
                    Stop trying to sell us Lemieux as a step up for Golovkin. We all know that he isn't. Murray was on a higher level than Lemieux. Rubio and Gelae were around the same level as the present Lemieux imo, but he is still very crude and definitely not an elite fighter.
                    Yeah they never mention he was stopped by Rubio... And it's easy to find what GGG did to the Mexican

Comment

Working...
                    X