No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather vs Austin Trout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tredh View Post
    I get and respect what you saying but using Winky Wright as an example is a comparison. Winky is a defensive fighter but he uses his defense totally different than PBF also Winky is not a counter puncher either. Winky liked to block punches and then punch when the opponent was finished. PBF likes to make you miss and pay in-between those punches at times. Two defensive fighters but two totally different fighters as well.
    definitely agree, on top of that, winky was past prime anyway... but that was just to make my point. keep a defensive fighter defending. yes, floyd is a counter-puncher. so he will get his punches in, but trout seems to be able to take a decent punch. but yeah, my point is that a fighter needs to out-hustle and win rounds against floyd....

Comment

Originally posted by adamdoyle View Post
      I see this fight playing out like Ward-Dawson, mismatch of skillsets and timing. Trout eats the right hand all night.
      Horrible comparison. Trout won't be drained in his weight class. Dawson was not 100% & this is coming from a Ward fan. Trout will be 100%. He's younger than Floyd & bigger than Floyd.

Comment

Fight will never happen. Fans would rather cry and whine about Canelo than mention the alternative Floyd/Trout.

Comment

I think it's a very close fight. I voted Floyd by ud but Trout has a very good chance to win. I though Mayweather beat Cotto easily.Sure he got hit, but he won almost all the rounds and I scored it about like the judges did.

Comment

I don't understand the folks who are saying Trout doesn't have a jab. He has a good, long, rangy jab and he sometimes just paws with it - but he DOES use it.... quite often in fact. Of course he doesn't always land it, but to say he doesn't use the jab is boggling to me.

This fight doesn't have a clear winner for me, so I couldn't vote. But I can say that it is most definately the most intriguing fight that could be made for FMJ, because Trout posses challenges for Floyd that I don't think he has ever really encountered. Trout won't fold under pressure like Judah does and can keep the fight on the outside well... tying up whenever his opponent gets too close on the inside. I think Trout is disciplined enough to keep the fight on the outside and using his movement to keep Floyd actually coming forward to him. Floyd counters well when it's an inside game, but what will he do when the fight is on the outside with a guy with a long reach who uses his movement as well as he USED to? As I said, interesting match up - Floyd has always shown himself to adjust incredibly well against his opponents game plan. It would probably be quite a technical fight - but you never know. Both guys have shown themselves to be interestingly versatile.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              Horrible comparison. Trout won't be drained in his weight class. Dawson was not 100% & this is coming from a Ward fan. Trout will be 100%. He's younger than Floyd & bigger than Floyd.
              How can you be sure? Floyd wont fight a true 154lbs... Floyd will fight trout only if its in 147 lbs...

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                Who would like to see this?

Trout easily schooled a Cotto who Mayweather went life and death with.

Vs
                Hysterical... Austin Trout fights one big name who is past his best and you all think he would beat the best in the division?

Comment

Originally posted by JustinFloyd View Post
                  How can you be sure? Floyd wont fight a true 154lbs... Floyd will fight trout only if its in 147 lbs...
                  Austin wouldn't win...
                  He doesn't have the experience to take on a veteran like Mayweather jr, out of his whole entire professional career who has he beat of worthwhile note other than Cotto?
                  None to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                    same

Trout UD, but mayweather will fight guerrero or some old faded name.
                    This board is a joke.

So Trout beat a washed up Cotto and now all of a sudden he is a top fighter? He won't even beat Canelo in May. Canelo will tax that ass.

Comment

On a serious note Zelenoff would destroy Mayweather.

Comment

Working...
                      X