Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you duck a fighter if you will get paid more to fight someone else?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you duck a fighter if you will get paid more to fight someone else?

I don't think you can be called out for ducking someone if you are going to make more money fighting someone else. Every fighter wants to make the fight that's going to get them the most money. That includes PBF, Pac, Cotto, Sergio, JMM, or anyone else.

We don't have all of the details yet, but if Pac is really going to be able to make significantly more money fighting Shane than JMM, then I wouldn't call that ducking.
    Yes
    33.33%
    No
    66.67%

I dont think choosing to fight someone else over the other guy regardless if its money issues or not have anything to do with ducking. A boxer can fight whoever he wants too, who are we to say who he should fight and shouldnt fight.

Comment

If There were two job offers, one from fedex and another from UPS, doing the same job with the same benifits, I would probably go with the one who pays better. If the difference in pay is inconsequential, I would go with the one I think is a better fit for my current situation.

Boxers are no different. After boxers retires there are no pensions or 401Ks. They're on their own. They have to look out for themselves. May n Pac has earned the right to fight whoever they want, whether we like it or not

Comment

Good question and the answer is how much more money and what else is on the stake (like titles , true championship , rematch opportunity)

As a principle (but not a rule) it is true that preferring the more economic fight should not be considered a ducking of the less economic fights but reasons like not wanting to fight in countries like Germany , Canada should be understood as well , ask Roy Jones Jr. (and many Sven Ottke opponents) .

Comment

That`s why they`re called PRIZEFIGHTERS.

Comment

depends on the purse discrepancy over the "challenge" it presents against the other oponent.. but to answer the question straight, NO.

In the end, boxing is a job. You should pick what's the best for your career.

Comment

Working...
            X