Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

True or False - Mayweather Must Beat Pacquiao To Regain His #1 P4P Status?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GodzHand View Post
    anyone that voted false, was either joking, or not a boxing fan.
    I voted false.

You're telling me Floyd is so great he doesn't even need to prove how great he is in the ring by fighting opposition like Margarito, Mosley and Cotto?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Fiend View Post
      I thought after last nights showing it was pretty obvious.

Beating JMM doesn't put FMJ at #1 for me.

To be the best you need to beat the best right?

Pacquiao is currently #1 and Floyd has to earn it the way any other fighter would.

Not with his mouth, not by bragging or just saying you're the best.

But by proving it in the ring, hand to hand, man to man.

#1 P4P Manny Pacquiao

I've had them trading the spot back and forth since 2006. It's not been clear cut all along and Pac is well entrenched now.

Comment

Originally posted by GodzHand View Post
        anyone that voted false, was either joking, or not a boxing fan.
        No. What if Mayweather beat Cotto or Berto and then moved up in weight and beat Pavlik or Strum and Pacquiao lost a fight while this was happening? I know it's not a likely scenario but this would surely bump him to number one. Beating Pac is not the only way he could get the status but it is the most realistic. But just by beating Marquez, no way.

Comment

To be honest I think the situation is great because Floyd must prove himself now and Manny is sitting in the box seat , Floyd wont be able to control demands like before and Manny is willing to fight Cotto which is taking even more away from Floyd so its a situation where Floyd must really want this fight if it is too happen because Arum and Manny are the power brokers in the negotiation and I cant see then taking less money they dont need Floyd , this will be a 50 50 spit for it to happen and Floyd must beat Manny to regain his mantle , right now Manny is the man and thats a good thing to make Floyd hungry again , I believe his entire purpose of coming back is to fight Pacman , picking JMM is obvious its about Manny vs Floyd as was Pac vs Hatton and ODH , Floyd vs Manny both in primes is the biggest fight in the last 20 yrs .

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
            I voted no. He doesn't have to fight Pac to get this. If Mayweather beats Marquez then beat Cotto or Berto, then moved up to 160 and beat Strum or Pavlik, that would put him in the number one spot. Not that he'd do that, I'm just saying it's not the only way for him to regain the p4p #1 spot.
            I got it, but what if Manny beats Mosley while Mayweather beats some other fighters. Manny has to lose to lose his P4P title. Because at this stage in his career he will only get big fights. No tune-ups because he's not even suffering any damge in his fights. Now its Money Making Manny.

Comment

yeah, he needs to beat manny to be on top again

Comment

Wow, this was more one sided then I thought it was going to be.

Comment

Working...
                X