Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: K9 Bundrage Now in Frontrunner Spot For Miguel Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dont like this fight, at all. Cotto needs a meaningful fight he can win. If theres none at 154 then Go Down to 147 or if you cant retire. Waiting more than a year to fight and then choosing a beltless K9, smh.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
      K9 was a champion not too long ago and Cotto is coming off a two loss streak. It's a fair fight but I know the stans are going to make it seem like "OMG!" like they always do.
      100% agree

Comment

Let Cotto whoop on this man and set himself up for another payday. He deserves it.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          Let Cotto whoop on this man and set himself up for another payday. He deserves it.
          I think it'll be entertaining and foul fested, I just think Rodriguez makes for a cleaner, more fun and ultimately more interesting fight. Plus I think Delvin has more value for a resume than K9

Comment

BoxRec on point again

Comment

This fight was okay a year ago but now it has lost the little luster it may have had. Bundrage is just an opponent now and does not have much name recognition so it would be the second Cotto fight in a row that will make the casuals go like: "Who's that fighting Cotto?".

I remember this fight being mentioned last year and, even though I thought it was a decent choice, the consensus was that it was Cotto choosing an old paper champion so it was a cherry pick. Now, Bundrage is a year older, still somewhat unknown, and does not have a title anymore. I don't think Cotto would get any credit even if he looks solid in this one.

All in all, it's a good tune up but this is boxing and you never know, upsets can happen. A loss to this guy and Cotto will be finished.

Comment

While I think someone else should get Cotto, I feel sorry enough for K9 to be okay with it. He was stuck in Don King limbo hell for a number of years and never really got to take advantage of his belt leverage. He's old as **** now and this is one opportunity for a cashout.

Comment

Cotto's my favorite. Even with Mayweather/Canelo official I was still debating going to New York for Cotto's fight. But if it's K9, I will definitely be in Vegas. Cotto/Ortiz is such a good fight. I don't know why K9 is even in consideration.

Comment

Why people are complaining? Cotto cant fight for a titlle with a two fight losing streak. The other guys at the weight are fighting each other. Cotto is almost done at the top level and he needs to prove that he deserves a big money fight again. Let him fight K9 who is a step towards it. After K9, the winner of Lara/Angulo or Canelo after the Floyd fight.

Comment

Yeah I disagree with the majority I like this fight. K9 deserves one last big payday and coming off 2 losses this is the perfect fight for Cotto as a confidence booster. K9 hits hard so it should be a fun fight while it lasts.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X