Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why hasn't Prince Naseem Hamed been inducted in the HOF yet?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

might have to do with him not officially retiring yet, i think you have to be retired 5 years as a fighter to be considered

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Cage View Post
      Tackie? Urango!? Surely you're joking. I like how you leave off Bungu and don't mention that Hamed beat all the champs at FW even if they were stripped pre-fight. The thing is, hatton will probably get in.

jess willard is in the hof for christ sake
      Those guys were actually Top 10 at 140 when Hatton beat them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghazan View Post
        I consider it a TRAVESTY that british boxing great Naseem 'The Prince' Hamed has not been inducted in the hall of fame yet.

Achievements:
        #1 featherweight from 1996-2001.
        Lineal world champion at featherweight
        Won 3 world titles..made 15 defences
        Defeated 8 world champion
        Won 36 of his 37 fights
        KO % of 82 %..one of the highest ever

In his prime..the prince was THE MOST FAMOUS BOXER IN THE WORLD
        He considered retiring undefeated in 1999 because of his continous hand injuries but ADIDAS were offering him a $10 million a year contract

In his april 2001 defeat to barrera..he had a second hand surgery In jan '01..which was kept secret..he had to lose 20 pounds in 3 weeks to make it for the fight..and a close fight 115-113 on all three scorecards.

Naseem hamed should be inducted in the hall of fame..do you agree?
        Naseem in his prime he just wasn't willing to step up to the plate...
        BUT NOW!!

Comment

Originally posted by buckfangs View Post
          might have to do with him not officially retiring yet, i think you have to be retired 5 years as a fighter to be considered
          That is a good point.

Comment

He was beat by a real HoFer and never came back in the ring, so I say no.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
              That is a good point.
              No it's not because he was nominated for the last induction but didn't get in.

Comment

I feel your point. Naseem beat every world champion in his division during his reign and made the lower weight classes the wellknown feature they are today. I mean they put freaking Arturo Gatti into the HOF and he had no where near the accomplishments.

I think it's just hate by the American boxing journalist, He never lost a fight in his prime and even when he did, people had to exaggarate on his lost.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  Because his reusme isn't even as good as Ricky Hatton.

Hamed beat Robinson, Medina, Kelley, Vazquez, Ingle, and Soto. Not exactly a Hall of Fame list of wins.

I'll take Hatton's wins over Tackie, Tszyu, Urango, Collazo, Paulie, and Lazcano over Hamed's wins.
                  it is called the hall of fame not hall of achievements and not many are more famous than hamed

Comment

Hamed was not the most famous boxer when he was in his prime. Not even close. He wasn't even the most famous fighter from the UK because Lennox was still around. Hamed was exciting but his resume is laughable and he lost to the only elite fighter he faced. He's not a hall of famer.

Comment

Originally posted by Silky_Smooth View Post
                      Hamed was not the most famous boxer when he was in his prime. Not even close. He wasn't even the most famous fighter from the UK because Lennox was still around. Hamed was exciting but his resume is laughable and he lost to the only elite fighter he faced. He's not a hall of famer.
                      Naseem Hamed is one of the main reasons that the two guys in your sig are actually relevant today.

Show some respect.

Comment

Working...
                      X