Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lucian Bute vs Denis Grachev - Can Grachev score another upset TKO?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucian Bute vs Denis Grachev - Can Grachev score another upset TKO?

Grachev stopped Ismayl Sillakh on ESPN this year, for one of the top upsets of the year[but not THEE upset of the year]. Grachev badly hurt Sillakh and went in for the kill.

Bute is coming off of a brutal beating by Froch. Can Grachev do it again?
    Yes, Grachev will stop/beat Bute
    10.00%
    No, Bute will win by UD or TKO
    90.00%

Bute needs to stop him to get some confidence back. Good choice of opponent, picking right off a big upset win. Grachev seems like he's tough. Ismayl did knock him down, so Bute can stop him. Grachev does nothing special but just come forward and have a lot of power, he's relentless. He reminds me a bit of Adrien Diaconu.

Bute wins by stoppage. Only because he has to and he knows it, I think he's gonna really go for it. So I got Bute by stoppage.

Comment

I'm going for the upset...Grachev by late KO

Comment

Bute will win
        Bute hasn't done much, but still done more than Grachev
        he wouldn't choose Grachev without being certain of a win
        Grachev would have to immediately jump on Bute and take his heart
        if attacked early, Bute would flashback to Froch and wilt
        Grachev won't have that in him though, this is a step up fight for him
        not much to be awed by, but he will be just because Bute is an ex titlist
        Grachev will choke in the moment and not do enough to win

Comment

I think Bute will win a ud boxing safe most the fight he's not gunna risk gunning for a KO against a guy who upsets the favourites

Comment

Bute needs to fight fire with fire but remain calm and box well. He cannot allow Grachev to walk him down and needs to throw hurtful shots to discourage teh Russian.

I think he can beat Froch in a rematch if he employs some form of boxing instead of allowing himself to be overwhelmed. He really didn't know how to deal with Froch's pressure and the Grachev fight offers him the perfect opportunity to correct his mistakes.

Comment

Bute will only lose this if Froch took all his confidence away from him

Comment

Bute should win this one easily within 5 rounds, it'll be like the Sillakh fight except Bute will keep Grachev down.

Sillakh was a KO waiting to happen, poor defense and a very poor chin, he would've gotten KOd by almost anybody with decent power. I wouldn't be surprised if Grachev doesn't get past the 2nd round if Bute goes for the kill early.

Comment

grachev is garbage, bute should have no problems beating him. sillakh got arrogant and allowed himself to get defeated, grachev just capitalized. he will need the same help against bute for lightning to strike twice, i think its unlikely especially considering that bute will be very cautious and motivated coming of a loss.

Comment

I like Grachev - a tough, gutsy guy who is almost impossible to discourage. Against the right fighter he'd make for some great matchups, & there's plenty of suitable opposition around his weight.

That said, he also has a pretty limited toolset to work with - not real quick, not particularly mobile & not particularly slick.

See Bute winning this one & mostly looking good in the process.

Comment

Working...
                    X